• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Frustrating day re: new milsurps...

First, I try to order some C&R handguns. Call in the morning, they ask for a "hi-cap mag permit" aka LTC, which I've already sent them twice for previous orders. Then I have it faxed to them (for a $2.00 charge at the UPS store since I don't have a fax), then call back, and they say "we got it, but we have to put it in the computer first so call back in an hour." An hour later: "i don't know why they said an hour, it usually takes a full day to get it in."

[crying] I wanted to get my CZ82, CZ52, and Nagant revolver by Monday... Guess I'll have to wait.

Then I wait around the house all day for my laminate stock M44 which I arranged to have sent here today since it is my only day off from work during the day for two weeks. Wait around til 6PM at which time I have to leave because I have to go to work.

Yep, the UPS infonotice was dated ten minutes after I left home.

[crying]

Do you really want me to say this? [devil]

Ummm.... Time for a land line [smile]

Well I guess you could get away with a scanner, and fax service via the internet. [wink]

Jr

Been there done all of that.
I have front and back copies of my LTC on the same page as my C&R copy. Lots of places these days won't ship anything to Mass w/out your Mass license copy too.
Fax machine at work takes care of faxing.
As for UPS, I know the driver pretty well and so do a few other people in the neighborhood that buy milsurps. He actually makes it a point to stop by when I'm home at lunch and is always within the hour. If I know something is coming via tracking # info and he's not here by 1, I wait a few minutes and he always shows up. He knows what the long boxes are and is always very carefull with them. And if by some chance he's really running late and doesn't see my truck here after 1, he leaves a note and brings it to the depot because he knows I'll pick it up the next day.
I appreciate it so much I make it a point to get him a Dunkin Donuts gift card every Christmas.[grin]

The strange thing is that I do that too (put my license and LTC on the same sheet) but they still claim they don't have it.

Well, the M44 got here (actually, I picked it up from the depot), but in the worst condition box I've ever seen. Looks like at some point someone tore the box in half right now the middle and then tried to fix it with ten miles of packing tape. Lost a cleaning rod I had ordered with it, as well as the sling. I already called about getting the other replaced, but now I need to call them back and get another sling too.

And I was finally able to get my order in.

Well, the M44 got here (actually, I picked it up from the depot), but in the worst condition box I've ever seen. Looks like at some point someone tore the box in half right now the middle and then tried to fix it with ten miles of packing tape. Lost a cleaning rod I had ordered with it, as well as the sling. I already called about getting the other replaced, but now I need to call them back and get another sling too.

And I was finally able to get my order in.

You did better than when I order a Stack On Safe that I had to go to the depot for.
When I picked it up I found it taped up heavily. When I got home and unwrapped it... inside were some kids book order with paper backs gallore, and a women's sandal.[rolleyes]

As for your sling.. duel with me for a correct one off E Bay.[smile] Heres an example of one of my losses:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280138730317&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

Back
Top Bottom