French surplus on sale at keepshooting.com

Got mine on Friday, definitely the gortex type one runs big, the fleece was good, heavy. My family has made it clear they will not be around me if I am wearing it. Someone mentioned here that the hood portion is huge, I think that was an understatement, but for the price, can't beat it. I'm hiking on Wednesday and Thursday this week, we're supposed to have rain, I'll give you an update.

Anyone in the 6'1 185 range pick either coat up? I'd love to get one or both of these but wondering if I would be swimming in the XL.

Anyone in the 6'1 185 range pick either coat up? I'd love to get one or both of these but wondering if I would be swimming in the XL.

6'1", 200-ish, suffer from ALA (abnormally long arms,lol). I got the fleece in XL and it fits well. Not too snug but not too baggy either. Plenty of length in the arms, which is usually my problem.

6'1", 200-ish, suffer from ALA (abnormally long arms,lol). I got the fleece in XL and it fits well. Not too snug but not too baggy either. Plenty of length in the arms, which is usually my problem.

Hilarious -- I also suffer from moderate ALA -- we should go shopping together, I'll bring the umbrellas [laugh]. But seriously, thanks for the intel.

$18 with the code provided by the op. Midway probably wants another $15 to ship.
The op link is a way better deal but don't knock midway shipping. I know what you are saying, I used to say the same thing and swore to never buy from them again about 2 years back. Check their prices now, they beat brownells often.

End tangent /

$18 with the code provided by the op. Midway probably wants another $15 to ship.

So true. IIRC, the box with both the fleece and outer jacket was 9#.

The op link is a way better deal but don't knock midway shipping. I know what you are saying, I used to say the same thing and swore to never buy from them again about 2 years back. Check their prices now, they beat brownells often.

Not if you have a C&R FFL on file with Brownells unless the item might be "on sale" at Midway. However, each company has some items that the other one doesn't carry.

Back
Top Bottom