FREEDOM OF SPEACH closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
obvioustrollx.jpg

uh oh... I have a feeling quite a few pairs of panties are going to be bunched over this..[laugh]
Why are people accused of being trolls when they question things?? [thinking]

How does someone close another persons thread without permission.
No free speech here either practice what you preach

Because Derek OWNS this board, and if he (or his moderators) want a thread closed, the thread gets closed. He's under ZERO obligation, legal or moral, to let you talk.

If you want free speech, feel free to start your own gun board. Or stand on a soapbox on the Boston Common.

Ain't this a private forum?

Reminds me of the adage: "Better to be thought of a fool and not speak, than to open one's mouth (or post on an internet forum, etc.) and remove all doubt."

Because Derek OWNS this board...

If you want free speech, feel free to start your own gun board. Or stand on a soapbox on the Boston Common.

My way or the highway?

The way that works is a moderator or the Admin makes a decision to close a thread. Then the thread gets closed.

The End.

[dance]

The End? C'mon.

I actually agree with both of you and understand the nature of this board, but IDPA Mike is a newcomer to the board how about a little civil explanation? I have no idea of what was locked, so I'm staying clear of that.

A polite PM to a moderator would be much more likely to get a civil explanation than trying to start an inflammatory thread.

The End? C'mon.

No really. That was the end. [grin]

I actually agree with both of you and understand the nature of this board, but IDPA Mike is a newcomer to the board how about a little civil explanation? I have no idea of what was locked, so I'm staying clear of that.

I have no idea what just happened either, so I'm with you. I'm staying clear of that too. [wink]

Read his OP (the one that got closed), and tell me if you can think of a reason a mod would have closed that thread. Use some sense.

A polite PM to a moderator would be much more likely to get a civil explanation than trying to start an inflammatory thread.

And that's why this guy may not be a troll. He needed some guidance and you sir gave some. +n to you.

In before the lock. ;)

I have found the folks managing this board to have great common sense when it comes to closing threads. As they are appointed by the owner of the board, the do not need your (or ayone else's) permission to close the thread. As for practicing what you preach, I am sure that you are free to complain about the management of this forum anywhere you like...with the exception of this forum. It's kind of like being asked to leave a bar if you are acting like an ass, they don't have to give you a reason.

Because Derek OWNS this board, and if he (or his moderators) want a thread closed, the thread gets closed. He's under ZERO obligation, legal or moral, to let you talk.

In before the lock. ;)

I have found the folks managing this board to have great common sense when it comes to closing threads. As they are appointed by the owner of the board, the do not need your (or ayone else's) permission to close the thread. As for practicing what you preach, I am sure that you are free to complain about the management of this forum anywhere you like...with the exception of this forum. It's kind of like being asked to leave a bar if you are acting like an ass, they don't have to give you a reason.

Nice way to present yourself [rolleyes]

In before the lock. ;)

Yup^^

If your a gun owner chances are you wouldn't have made that comment to begin with.

Liberals are all about free speech...[thinking][hmmm]

They're not about what defends it. [sad2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom