Frank & Tiny, Tyngsboro, MA

frank&tiny in tyngsboro. i buy all my thing there.
i should said he is my father . but give him a try if you sick of the same old :D shops.
34 westec park
tyngsboro ma
978-649-2352
hours
w-t-f 10 am to 6pm
sat 9am to 5pm

Edited by LenS-Mod: To add name and location in Subject. Howie, we want to make it easy for folks to search for the useful info as our forum grows, thus the request to add name and location to title.

Frank & Tiny's in Tyngsboro, MA

Stopped in while the wife was doing her clothes shopping thing.

Small by anyone's standard (can you say 10' x 12' room?), but every nook and cranny is filled with gun stuff. The Owner (Tiny?), also known on this forum as "Howie's Dad" is very hospitable and knowledgeable.

Small but interesting collection of pistols, revolvers and long guns, along with miscellaneous accessories, ammo, etc. Picked up a bore snake for my new .44 mag, and got a suggested .44 mag handload from Tiny in the course of conversation. Several nifty lever actions caught my eye, especially the limited edition chromed Model 94 with the oversided hand lever. I wasn't looking for one, but someone else may be, and the price was decent.

If you're in the area and looking for something to do while the wife (or husband) goes bonkers at the Pheasant Lane Mall, check out this shop - it's only a few minutes south. Here's the info:

34 Westec Park (just off Route 3)
Tyngsboro, MA
978-649-2352

Hours:

w-t-f 10 am to 6pm
sat 9am to 5pm

KK

I was in there Saturday myself. I had known Tiny from shooting with Jim Conway, and Jim (who's opinion I trust) had this to say about Tiny... "He's a truly honest man"

That's all I needed...

Like you said, VERY small shop, but you instantly feel welcome, and I had a good time just checking everything out. I ended up getting a new mag for my SAR-1

Adam

I've shot with Tiny and his Son, Howie as recently as New Year's Day. After we cleaned up, my Wife and I took a drive up into the industrial park to see where his place was. Now we know the location, but I've never been to his shop when it is open.

Both Tiny and Howie are real nice people that I would trust implicitly.

BTW, Tiny is now a Grandfather and Howie and his Wife just had their first child last week, a beautiful baby Girl! Congratulations to all of them.

Since I have been quoted, I may just as well speak up. I have known both Tiny and Howie Given for a number of years. I try to buy from Tiny whenever I can, even if he is a little hgher than another shop. Over the years that I have been dealing with Tiny, it has been a rare thing when his prices are out of line.
Simply said, Tiny is a good and honest man.

I was in there today, as Howie sent me there after we picked up the snow throwers.

That is a pretty neat little place. As said, it's small, but that makes up for all the stuff that he has in there.

And I found the prices to be extremely fair. We were talking to him for some time, and had some really interesting conversation. He's very knowledgable, and was a blast to talk with. He has some stuff in there that was a treat to see...

I will be back there when I'm in the area.

Frank & Tiny

I purchase my new/used Hk there today. And well It was worth the drive from Worc..up to Tyngsboro.(actually 2)[thinking]

[grin] Great guy and GREAT customer service...considing the screw up by the Pd/State with my renewal...
If you get a chance go to see them!

Is this shop still in business?
I get suspicious when in the day and age they don't have their own web site at the top of a Google search. Did a read a thread somewhere about retirement/closing?
Thanks,
Bill

tiny passed away earlier this year.

if you want some info on the shop and remaining inventory you can get in touch with howie or PSS.

Last I talked to Howie, he was trying to get his dad's FFL put into his name. He is planning to keep the shop open, IIRC.

There was a post here by a username I don't recognize giving hours for the shop. This post was within the past week IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom