Frangible Ammo Question

The Goose

NES Member
I am taking a 2 day snubby revolver class at Sigarms Academy in a couple of weeks and the list of required gear states that I nave to use frangible ammo. I can either bring my own or buy it at their place. Now, I certainly know what frangible ammo is, but I have never bought or used it. So my question is whether I should buy my own ahead of time or just buy their's? Also, I'll be shooting a .38 special, what should I expect to pay per box? Are any brands better or worse? Your help would be apreciated.

I was required to supply new recruits with a certain amount of Frangible ammo for police academy training. It was somewhat difficult to find in the quantities needed for training. If you are going to supply it, don't wait as any of the retail stores you may have in the area may have to special order it.

Being in MA, you don't have the option of buying through mail order. If the quantities are not that large, might be easier just getting it from SIG.

For the potential aggrivation of getting it, I'd just buy theirs.

You'll probably never use it again in your life so a one time purchase on site might be well worth it.

I've also been to several of Sig's indoor classes which required frag ammo. It's expensive for sure although I can't remember what I paid. If you can find a few boxes locally before the class pick it up. You can always buy what you need the day of the class. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom