Four Calibers

Ah, now I get it about the .22LR... Eating on a daily basis will be better served by this. Hitting small game with any of the rounds I chose will leave you with splash of red and small game chunks. (or the chore of finding and extracting all the shot).

haha we should have said 4 calibers and WHY! haha but that about somes most of it up.

.45 ACP (pistol)
.357 Magnum (revolver)
7.62 NATO (rifle)
12ga (shotgun)

and for my exotic, what else, .30 Mauser Automatic [smile]

ETA: what's with all the 22LR? In my make believe world, cost be damned, I want stuff that goes BANG!

Its not just about cost. I can carry 5000 rounds of .22 in a kids backpack. There's a lot of utility in 5000 rounds of .22.

for what its worth. I'm another one on the

.22 LR
9mm
.223/556x45
12 Ga

bandwagon.

Don
Here's a list of comparative weights

.22 lr - 135 rounds / lb
9mm - 38 rounds/lb
.223 - 37 rounds/lb
.45ACP - 21 rounds/lb

12ga 00 buck - 9 rounds/lb

Last edited:
.22LR
.308 or .30-30 (still debating on which lever action to get, and have yet to shoot a .308)
.45 ACP
.410 (Come on! It's a shotgun round, a rifle round, and a snake charmer/revolver round, all in one! ... love it!)

Exotic would probably be something along the lines of 6PPC (this is a wishlist, right? Not stuff we have actually used?) for close range engagement and 6XC for long range(1000 m+).

haha we should have said 4 calibers and WHY! haha but that about somes most of it up.

Yeah, we should have included why, so here's my why:

10mm - Besides loving the capabilities of this round and owning multiple firearms in it, it's an extremely flexible automatic pistol round that can be downloaded to .40 S&W and even lighter performance or uploaded to a medium game hunting round from a pistol. It's also very capable as a short barreled pistol caliber carbine round.

.357 Mag - Another very effective pistol / pistol caliber carbine round that can be down loaded to .38 Special / 9mm type performance or packed for handgun hunting. It can also be loaded with shot capsules for small game hunting.

.308 Win - A very verstile rifle round that can be loaded for varmints, preditors and medium to large game.

12ga - A large bore shotgun caliber for shooting birdshot, buckshot, slugs and sabots to cover any kind of hunting or self-defense case you might needed.

you need at least 5
.22LR
9mm .45 or .40 take your pick
5.56 or that commie stuff in 7.62x39 or the 5.45
.308 or that other commie stuff in 7.62x54R
12G

Back
Top Bottom