Found This on Ripoffreport...very funny!

For a short time this guy must have thought he got the deal of the century on ammo.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Bait-and-Switch/Aim-Projectiles/aim-projectiles-alchemy-extrus-2e4d6.htm#

I ordered bullets after speaking with the owner on 8-25-2009. I explained to him that I was having trouble finding 45 caliber bullets locally. He stated that I would get bullets (1000) and that they would be 230 grain

Today I received a box full of copper tips. When I called the owner he told me that I should try to sell them since it would cost quite a bit to return them and that they do not sell bullets because of the hassles.

Then the response from the company;
Aim Projectiles
As has been explained, we do not manufacture or sell loaded ammunition. We sell BULLETS only. For the uninformed, the bullet is the projectile or the component part of a loaded cartridge of ammunition which is fired out of the gun when the primer is ignited. In this specific case it refers to a copper plated lead slug, and we have never represented our product as anything else. We sell these bullets to persons or companies who manufacture or load their own ammunition.

A loaded cartridge of pistol ammunition has four component parts:
Bullet (projectile)
Powder (propellant)
Primer (to ignite the propellant)
Shell casing (to contain everything)

A bullet is not ammunition anymore than a wheels are a car.

Our web site does not indicate that we sell ammunition. If it did, it would specifically say "ammunition," rather than "Hard Cast, Copper Plated Bullets." Additionally, we would be subject to numerous legislative restrictions which govern the shipping of explosives across the Canada/U.S. border. The idea that one could simply order ammunition on-line and have it shipped to a private residence across an international border, and with no permit, is absurd.

Obviously, a misunderstanding has occurred here. The customer asked for bullets and that is what we sent him. Perhaps a better understanding of nomenclature would be prudent when ordering items such as this on-line? In the meantime, we are happy to refund the money for this purchase, but note that shipping the product back to Canada will incur unreasonable costs. If this customer would like to ship them at his cost, no problem. Otherwise, we offered the suggestion that he might simply sell them locally to someone who reloads their own ammunition.

Last edited:
Why is it on ripoffreport.com? The guy didn't get ripped off... he was just an idiot.

I always wonder about some of these people that buy the "parts sets" and 80% receivers and so forth. Like this guy you wonder if they think they are getting a fully functional 1940s Tommy gun for $19.95 (plus shipping and handling).

Back
Top Bottom