For some reason the pages here on the Forum got wider

yanici

NES Member
The page doesn't fit across the screen unless you ctrl/- the screen size. If you do that, the type gets tiny. Any solution? Yesterday it fit across the screen just fine.

I'm having the same problem. To get the text to fit my screen it gets so tiny I can't read it? I have to keep moving my screen back and forth. I would be interested in any solutions.

What's your screen resolution? I wonder if the default skin fo vb4 is designed for higher resolution displays than what you're running. There's usually a minimum recommended screen resolution.

What's your screen resolution? I wonder if the default skin fo vb4 is designed for higher resolution displays than what you're running. There's usually a minimum recommended screen resolution.

I'm not a computer person. I can't answer that question. Something changed between yesterday and today.

Open the control panel from the start button, then double click "Display". You should get a box that tells you what resolution you're at.

You should be able to. Drag the little slider bar over to the right and see if it's more readable. Windows will give you 15 seconds to accept the new resolution before it defaults back to the old, in case it's awful. Depending on what size monitor you have, you might not be able to get much more resolution, though.

It is set at 800 by 600. Should I increase it?

You should, if possible on your equipment. I am running at 1920 x 1200 on a laptop right now -- that is, I could fit over four of your screens on my 17 inch screen. I would bet that 800x600 is a little tight for many websites out there. So, if you could ramp it up to, say, 1024x768 that would likely solve the problem.

You should be able to. Drag the little slider bar over to the right and see if it's more readable. Windows will give you 15 seconds to accept the new resolution before it defaults back to the old, in case it's awful. Depending on what size monitor you have, you might not be able to get much more resolution, though.

I played around and ended up back at 600 by 800 where I started. That is my best resolution for every other site so I'll leave it there. Whwn I increased the resolution it made the text smaller.

I played around and ended up back at 600 by 800 where I started. That is my best resolution for every other site so I'll leave it there. Whwn I increased the resolution it made the text smaller.

You can also change the default size of the text. The most likely culprit though, is a small monitor. If you measure it like a TV (diagonal, screen only) what do you clock in at? Probably something like 15"?

I finally ended up with 1024 X 768. That seems to be the best I can get. Too bad though because the 800 x 600 was nice.

You can also change the default size of the text. The most likely culprit though, is a small monitor. If you measure it like a TV (diagonal, screen only) what do you clock in at? Probably something like 15"?

Yeah the monitor measures 15"

Brother, you need a better monitor. [smile] I'm rocking a 24" widescreen LCD at 1920x1080. But I also play an insane amount of games on my PC, so it was worth the price for me. It does help reading web forums, especially when people post ginormous pics.

Brother, you need a better monitor. [smile] I'm rocking a 24" widescreen LCD at 1920x1080. But I also play an insane amount of games on my PC, so it was worth the price for me. It does help reading web forums, especially when people post ginormous pics.

That ain't gonna happen. Spare change goes to ammo.

BTW, thanks guys for all the help. Gotta love NES.

Yanici, I have a spare 19" LCD collecting dust. I can't bear the thought of someone running at that low a resolution. PM me, I'll get it to you Saturday if you're around. 800x600 *shudder* That's just... unnatural. [smile]

Yanici, I have a spare 19" LCD collecting dust. I can't bear the thought of someone running at that low a resolution. PM me, I'll get it to you Saturday if you're around. 800x600 *shudder* That's just... unnatural. [smile]

Thanks for the offer. PM sent. [thumbsup]

go to view on the tool bar and click on zoom, pick one you like. Or is there another way.
JimB

Thanks Jim. Yeah, the zoom does make the picture larger but then a whole page kinda overlaps and you need to move the slider at the bottom to see it all. I gotta get a larger monitor.

The page doesn't fit across the screen unless you ctrl/- the screen size. If you do that, the type gets tiny. Any solution? Yesterday it fit across the screen just fine.

i have the same problem with the scrolling across to read the posts.

i have the same problem with the scrolling across to read the posts.

Bob, I found that my 15" monitor was inadequate for these new modern web pages. A fellow NESer generously offered a 19" monitor to me. With the new monitor, and the display option in the control panel set at 1024 X 768, I find it works perfectly. Good luck with your problem.

Open the control panel from the start button, then double click "Display". You should get a box that tells you what resolution you're at.

Bob, if you're running XP you can change your resolution by following the above. Pick the one that works best for you. Mine was finally set at 1024 X 768. Page fits great and the print is still large enough.

Back
Top Bottom