for all you guys with an AR

so...ive added the final touches to my AR15..well almost final touches...im missing one thing...a sling

so my question to you guys is what do you use?
what do you like?

i bought a cheap 3 point sling and couldnt figure how to put the stupid thing on so i got rid of it...i like the concept of the 3 point sling...how it can be strapped behind the back, at the side across the chest for easy access

im not opposed to single point slings either, and a ithink an IDF sling may be the last resort as im not a fan of depending on paracord alone to hold the sling in place

i'm working with a 16'' barrel with an ARMS S.I.R. mount, sling swivels on the left side, forward part of handguard, and also through the front sight...and a standard issue 4 position extendable stock...so gimme some advice

and yes...pics will follow [mg] [mg]

I don't own an AR, but I have an M1A with a Turner leather sling.
It's a thing of beauty, and when you strap it on to your bicep
nice and tight it keeps you quite solid when you are prone or
sitting.

Are you looking for a match sling, a CQB 1 point sling, a hunting sling?
What do you *want* a sling for?

F

A lot depends upon what you want your sling for and what you intend to do with it..

The basic nylon sling that Bushmaster is okay for the basic sling arms position and maybe the hasty sling firing position.

If you want a high-power competition sling you can hardly do better than a Turner leather sling. They are some of the best made.

http://www.turnersling.com

But if you want a close quarters combat sling I recommend the Spectre CQB sling. They work very well.

http://www.spectergear.com/slings.htm

frosty...thank you for the link!!! i think im going to invest in one of those cqb slings...i wanted something that i could use in a training course where if my gun jammed, i could allow it hang at my side and stay in place while i get my sidearm

Last edited:
blood hound said:
frosty...thank you for the link!!! i think im going to invest in one of those cqb slings...i wanted something that i could use in a training course where if my gun jammed, i could allow it hang at my side and stay in place while i get my sidearm

I have one for my Beretta 9mm storm and it works very well. I think you will be happy with it.

On my carbines I've got the Specter single point slings.(MOUT) On the rifles either Turner slings or the web slings. I've heard very good things about Les Tam slings & I may be getting one of those to try on my match rifle.

CD

Back
Top Bottom