FN owners please

I recently purchased the 509 midsize. IMO, a really nice gun, I enjoy shooting it. It is mainly a range gun. I am considering another FN. I saw a FNS9c for sale at a good price and I like it. I'm also watching a FNS-9. My question is, do you guys have similar pistols like this and what are your thoughts on having 2 or 3 pistols that are so close in size and for the same usage, range shooting?

Also which of the 3 do you prefer? Is one better than the other?

Thanks AL

I had an FNX-9for awhile. That one is a double/single action version of the FNS. I found it shot very well, easy to get on target. Also had a very nice trigger. I only got rid of it to try out something different. But I think down the road I will get another one.

I have an FN 509 full size. Fully ambidextrous controls large sights reliably shoots any brass cased ammo I’ve tried Both reloads and factory, everything from 115 grain all the way up too 147 grain. (I don’t shoot steel cased). I don’t consider this a range gun because the sights are not adjustable and while the trigger is fine for a fighting gun, it is not a target trigger. I find it accurate and pleasant to shoot but I consider it a defensive gun. It’s barrel is glock 19 length but the grip frame is glock 17 size and standard magazine capacity is 17. i like the metal magazines. No issues no complaints. I bought it a while ago when someone had them on special for $375 with night sights and 3 magazines. I wouldn’t pay much more for a plastic gun. If you’re considering another similar gun I’d recommend you buy a model that is magazine compatible with what you already own. Hope this helps, good luck.

Considering I got 3 Glock 17’s and 3 Glock 19’s I say buy what you like and what you like to shoot. I shot my buddies FN9 full size the other day and I plan on buying one, great gun

I’m lukewarm on FN pistols after shooting an FNX-Tactical in 45 a few years ago. The ergonomics are great but the particular one I shot felt like the frame bulged with the magazine in. Which for the $1000+ gun it was at the time I found it a little disappointing.
YMMV seeing as you’re asking about different versions.

Good feedback thanks. I had a G17 gen 4 and G19 gen 2. Liked them both. Love my G26 gen5 but this 509M really seems consistent and another FN is in my sights.

I almost went for an FN FNS but the aftermarket support for these guns sucks. There's no captain obvious trigger mods, etc. They're fine guns, otherwise, if you can live with them stock.

Realistically, there's only so many guns you can buy that have a practical purpose. A rifle and pistol or two that are practical for concealed carry.

After that, most purchases are only for recreation. Buy whatever you enjoy shooting or collecting. Some people have eclectic tastes, some people have narrow tastes. Whatever makes you happy.

Back
Top Bottom