• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FN Five Seven vs Sig Sauer P226? (Firearm Faceoff!)

Hello everyone!

Say you were presented with two free pistol give away options but only could choose one between two guns who have been both trusted with military needs and both companies have been given contracts by the US government with our troops trusting their lives to these very guns, two guns that are tried and true and some of the greatest in their respective fields.

I mostly ask, because I need help picking my dream handgun and can't pick between these two. lol

The stunning, dependable, belgium, the incredible....

FN FIVE SEVEN

1200px-FN5701.jpg

But one gun company I think is every bit as stunning, reputable and maybe even the new golden standard for semi auto pistol makers, is the new contractual maker of US Military Pistols. Sig Sauer. And I really find their wares to be slightly more appeasing to the eyes. Although the Five Seven is certainly unique for the round it's chambered in.

P226 Stainless Elite

226-stainless-elite.jpg

Pick whichever model you want from both, I only chose the stainless elite because the FN is quite a bit more money than the P226, so for the same price you can get a special edition P226 elite or a MK25.

A man comes up to you, and puts both guns on the table. You can pick up one and walk away with it but the other stays. Which are you leaving with? :)

Check out the price to feed the FN Five Seven and you question will be answered. The last time I looked in wasn't cheap and easy to find. FN does make quality firearms. I have six different Sigs P226's in 9mm and 40 cal., 1911 TTT, and P220 and never had an issue with any of them.

I'd never be able to afford to shoot the five seven the ammo is ridiculous in price. so........sig

Why don’t you just buy both? if you like both

Since you do like both, I would buy the fn first since they are harder to find. Then buy a German P226 or a mk25 (only us model I would buy)

I prefer not to have a safety on my carry gun, so I'd get the P226 in DA/SA. However, if you ever plan to own a PS90 then get the 5.7 for ammo commonality.

I can see the use for the 5.7, a certain gun store in MA keeps a bunch of them under the counters, the thinking being that if they were to be robbed perps would probably be wearing body armor.

If you just want a cool little gun you really gotta consider the PMR30. 22 mag has same ballistics as 5.7, only difference really is ability to penetrate body armor.

Personally, I'm a sig guy, and can shoot the nuts off a fly with my 226 in 9mm.

Never held a 5.7, but the first I put a 226 in my hands, it fits like a GLOVE. Wasn't a fan of the ridiculous double action pull, but I'm sure that can be improved. When you open up the 226, there is absolutely no question that this is an incredibly high quality product.

The SIG Stainless, that model is the only one with a SS frame so that thing is HEAVY, perfect for recoil control.

Never held a 5.7, but the first I put a 226 in my hands, it fits like a GLOVE. Wasn't a fan of the ridiculous double action pull, but I'm sure that can be improved. When you open up the 226, there is absolutely no question that this is an incredibly high quality product.

Gray Guns spring kit my friend, come shoot my 229 and you'll never want to shoot a stock SIG DA trigger again.

Back
Top Bottom