Flashhider

Producer

NES Member
For MA; would a US Flashhider be legit on a new rifle build if it's welded to the barrel? I am aware of 922r and AWB for MA.

Thanks.

edit; on a search it seems that people are doing this. I just still can't find in info where it says its ok.

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of rifle it is and/or if any other allowable features are on it. If it's any kind of military style semi-automatic, baby killing, bullet hose suitable only for terrorists and criminals... more than likely it won't be legal (the assumption being that at very least a pistol grip is already installed).

What other US parts are you using?

ak47. But I don't plan on using it to kill babies. Unless its baby pumpkins. :)

US made receiver, US trigger system with US hammer, US custom wood stock and grip, US Gas piston, US Floor Plates, US Trigger housing.

The rest is from a kit. Barrel, trunions, bolt, bolt housing, magazine, and whatever guts I might be missing.

If it is a pre ban, then you can add the flash hider

If it is post ban then no it already has 2 evil features, AWB still applies no matter what the part count is

On that note is a muzzle brake good to go? I know with the old fed law it was as long as it is welded/soldered/pinned on. (No threads where allowed)

ak47. But I don't plan on using it to kill babies. Unless its baby pumpkins. :)

US made receiver, US trigger system with US hammer, US custom wood stock and grip, US Gas piston, US Floor Plates, US Trigger housing.

The rest is from a kit. Barrel, trunions, bolt, bolt housing, magazine, and whatever guts I might be missing.

You can't use a flash hider, but you can use a muzzle brake (permanently attached).

From your parts list, you already have more than enough countable US parts to get you by (5 without muzzle device... 6 with muzzle device), so if your kit
came with a slant brake, you could use that.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=80

(It's not a countable part anyways, but what do you mean by "trigger housing"? An AK doesn't have one.).

Thank for you help. So I guess muzzlebrake is OK to weld, but a flashsuppressor=flashhider (evil feature).

Trigger guard I guess it would be a better description.

So is there anyway I can make this happen? What if I use the floorplates (edit; I think my terminology might be off) for a 10 round only mag?

Last edited:
Ok, now I have confused myself good. I guess the floorplate I am about to install is really the bolt carrier.

So the "Evil" parts are the pistol grip and the 10+ mag?

Evil parts...
a detachable magazine (of any capacity) and having more than one of the following features.
a folding or telescoping stock
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon
a bayonet mount
a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor
a grenade launcher

"a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"

I guess there is no way around that? Maybe this

FEGThumbholeStock.jpg

"a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"

I guess there is no way around that? Maybe this

FEGThumbholeStock.jpg

That's fine as long as none of the other "evil features" are present (and just to clarify things... mag capacity is not one of the countable features).

FWIW... I'm not a big fan of thumbhole stocks... they look awful (especially on an AK), they're rather bulky and make the rifle unbalanced.

However, at least in MA you have that option... Kalifornias AWB defines a thumbhole stock as a countable feature. [rolleyes]

(Edit to add: Upon rereading my post what I meant to say was you could have the thumbhole stock and one evil feature (as in a flash suppressor that's permanently attached).

Last edited:
What barrel profile are you working with? I have a MAK-90 that I
am de-bushholing (which is a real PITA because the stock trigger
is *fantastic* and I am not going to replace it). Anyway, the threads
were turned down to .5" so I plan on threading it and silver soldering on
an AR style brake. Wilson Combat makes a muzzle break that looks so much
like the flash hider that you will do a double (or triple) take. I think that
if you keep your receipt it should give you a flash hider look (and maybe some
performance) with a legal brake.

F

Thanks. I am going to see how it fits on my Romanian threaded AKM. Ordered a few Thumbhole stocks, and got this
957580.jpg

should be in today. 14-pitch threads.

If it turns our to be a pain with the threads, or I don't like the any of the stocks, I will go with the muzzle brake
ARMuzzleBrake.jpg

Cool! Those look extra evil!

Just remember you have to do one of the following unless the gun is pre-ban

1. Welding
2. Silver solder with a melting point over 1100 degrees F
3. Blind pinning. To do this, you must pin the muzzle device in place with a pin that is driven down below the surface of the metal, and the hole for the pin filled in with weld.

Thanks! Just came in a few sec's ago. Fits perfectly. I will weld it. Hopefully I can Electroplate it.

On a side note, I got a bunch of other parts from Numrich, and they are all quality.

Back
Top Bottom