Flag Day Mini in Weare, NH *Cancelled*

Looking to polish up your NPOA shifts prior to the Athol, MA Appleseed of June 20/21?
Wanna work the six steps out prior to Porkfest in Dalton, NH on June 25 & 25?
Just want to see what all the commotion about Appleseeding is all about before diving into a weekender?

Well come join me on Flag Day, June 14th, at Brownies Sand Pit, in Weare. No range fee. But we do need to do a 100% brass clean up. I'd like to start at 0900, if you could plan accordingly. We'll do enough NPOA Shifts to satisfy even the most discriminating shifter. If you've never done an Appleseed, we will work from the ground up on Steady Hold Factors, and firing each shot by the Numbers.

LTR's are recommended, both for ammo costs/availability, and to be courteous to your neighbors on the firing line. I have a number of loaners, and a small mountain of ammo (replacement cost $17/brick) if you need anything. I recommend 5 mags for 22 rifles, but we can go on 4. You will need eyes and ears, of which I also have loaners.

You can reply to this thread for further info, or PM me if you want.

Brownies Sand Pit is across from the Post Office, in Weare.

What To Bring

I see a lot of folks are looking at the post. What you should bring with you is a sighted in rifle, with sling attached. Eye and ear protection are required for participation/observation, but I can bring extras if you let me know. While I strongly suggest a 22 calibre rifle fed from detachable magazines, almost any other type of rifle can work. Scoped rifles are okay as well. Because of the number of rounds typically fired at an Appleseed generally exceeds 700, the lowly 22 makes much fiscal sense as well. How many would you need for this mini? Its hard to say, but a brick would be a good choice. 500 rounds through an AR would get expensive, quick. An AK or SKS, not quite as expensive, but certainly more than $17 for the 22 ammo. Your choice. The only thing you should really leave at home is a bipod. If your rifle has one attached to the front sling swivel post, as long as you are good with shooting your rifle in your hands, i.e., with the bipod folded up out of the way, that would be workable as well. Appleseed is a run what you brung, even if the diction is incorrect.
I would strongly encourage you to have a padded mat of some sort. Wally World has yoga mats for under thirty dollars. A bottle of water or three would be good, as would sunscreen and bug repellant. If I get any responses I will have all manner of targets to shoot at, and the guidance to get you on target, and ready for an appleseed.

Pass the word along ladies and gents..anyone that shoots appleseeds or wants to learn more about them and give it a try for themselves I suggest you head on over and meet up with Russ at Brownies Pit and have a go at it..I'm sure it will be a fun day for all who attend and a learning / training expierence for everyone...and who knows you just might see me there [wink] and another certain member of NES... So come on out and join the fun

Weare Mini is Cancelled

I think the title says it all. The owner of the location is uncomfortable with groups of shooters he doesn't know shooting in his sand pit.

Back
Top Bottom