Fishing Charter near Yarmouth MA on the cape?

Gf and I are going to the cape in Aug and we are hoping to spend a day out on the ocean fishing. Anyone have recommendations?

Edit: ok its she was mistaken, we will be in yarmouth mass on the cape.

Last edited:
York is where the gf said we going. Dont really care what we catch as long as its edible and we can keep it, never done this before.

I will get more details from her.

Re: Fishing Charter near York MA on the cape?

If you guys dive, I have a good contact out of sandwich marina. Has a pretty fast stable boat. We usually use him for glider work, but his main line is charter.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

The charter boats are mostly located at Packet Landing in Bass River, a section of South Yarmouth located along the Bass River. Here's a link to one of them: EmmaJack Fishing Charters on Cape Cod. The landing is easy to get to and parking is adequate. I can probably get you the names of some of the other charter boats there, if you can't find anything else in your web search.

Been unemployed for over a month now so no internet at home. I will see what i can find on the phone or go to library tomorrow now that i have the correct town.

So anyone want to fish in aug? The gf makes more $ then me but i dont think we can afford $600 between just 2 of us.

So anyone want to fish in aug? The gf makes more $ then me but i dont think we can afford $600 between just 2 of us.

Check out a half (or full) day, bottom fishing, party boat. There are some small ones with only 8-10 passengers. You should catch something edible. Much cheaper!

Check out Downeast Charters out of Chatham, Drew's a great guy and he knows where the stripers live. Somewhere in the pics thread is me holding one big-ass fish caught on his boat a couple of years ago.

Posted from my car phone.

Go cheap on a fishing charter and you will likely get a boat ride and no fish. $600 for a decent trip is worth it for two people and most boats will cost more if you add more people. If you go on a party boat like Capt John's out of Plymouth you will spend 90% of your time tangled up in 20-30 other lines and you may catch a dogfish or two. Just my experience and my two cents.

pm me with your dates you'll be on cape, if i can make it work with my schedule, i will take you out for fluke and stripers for a half dayish for $350 ( well fish till you catch a meal or two or three.... been doing trips for 7 years on a strictly part time basis ( offset my baoting costs), fish Monomoy a bunch, easy bass/blues fishing, and seal watching is great!

Back
Top Bottom