Fishing a private pond

Save the paper, and download the .pdf to your phone.

Don't lose the phone.

Yeah, I have mine downloaded to my daughter's phone. I bring her with me...lol But I still have a printed copy I pin to the back of my hat like in the old days. So I have the sporting and the salt....I wear both. never been bothered...

- - - Updated - - -

your license fees pay for ramp maintenance, and plenty of other programs from MassWildlife. Combo hunting/fishing (Sporting) license isn't cheap, but if there's anything in this state that's "worth it," it's hunting and fishing licenses.

Agreed...

Save the paper, and download the .pdf to your phone.

Don't lose the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

your license fees pay for ramp maintenance, and plenty of other programs from MassWildlife. Combo hunting/fishing (Sporting) license isn't cheap, but if there's anything in this state that's "worth it," it's hunting and fishing licenses.

The download only works if you are hunting any game not requiring a tag. Turkey deer and bear you need the printed license with tags.

Fishing.....of course works on the phone. I hunt and buy the sporting license so print mine.

I have a pond that abuts my property and have a small dock that I fish from, I always buy a sportsman's license but I do bring unlicensed friends and kids to fish from my dock and thought I was ok. Just another thing I learned that put me on the wrong side of the law. Thanks NES

I have a pond that abuts my property and have a small dock that I fish from, I always buy a sportsman's license but I do bring unlicensed friends and kids to fish from my dock and thought I was ok. Just another thing I learned that put me on the wrong side of the law. Thanks NES

Never assume anything lol! Glad you got the info here on NES! But yes......if the body of water is not your private body of water........even if you are fishing from.your property you need a license.

I was fishing in my canoe with my son a couple of weeks ago and overheard a halarious conversation going on between 4-5 twenty something's on shore. They were all fishing with drop lines and inexpensive fishing set ups. One of em asked if they needed a license.......one of the others pipes up and says "no.....this is a public pond fishing is free"......[rofl]

I shoot in marshfield where they have a pond on the property for fishing. I'm told by the club that even though the pond is on private land I still need a license because it has tributaries that intermingle with public ones. No clue if that's just club bullshit or not but hope it helps

Unfortunately true. We always thought it was ok without a license and a MA wildlife officer updated us because of the streams in and out.

Back
Top Bottom