First one here!

I was so tempted to do that earlier. But I figured a mod would just pull the thread. And I wouldn't know if NFA items are fun as I have not had the pleasure in utilizing one yet. But hopefully in the future I will at some point.

EasyD: You should have went "PHIRST POAST!" [laugh]

-Mike

Yeah, your right... and a few !!!!111Oneone!!!11!1!!!!'s throw in for good measure.

Is some poor mod gonna go thru the Gun Laws section and cull out all the NFA posts and move them here? One centralized place for all things NFA might be good.

--EasyD

I was so tempted to do that earlier. But I figured a mod would just pull the thread. And I wouldn't know if NFA items are fun as I have not had the pleasure in utilizing one yet. But hopefully in the future I will at some point.

I wish I could afford them, for now I shoot Marc's. [smile]

MP5myspaceResized.jpg

Now if you guys can only get the suppressor ban lifted. Since the left LOVES mimicking Europe, tell them that in Europe some countries require that you use one.

I wonder if due to working with firearms, if a doctors note for hearing would be an angle of approach.

Whoa. Is that a real MP5 or one of those GSG5 knock-offs? How do I get one legally in MA (if it's a real MP5)? :p

That one is real, IIRC.

To get a real one in MA...

-You need a Green Card (MA Machine Gun license- costs $100 and looks like an LTC, but has different verbiage on it) from the same IA that issued your LTC-A. Generally
speaking this goes from being easy (rare) difficult (must have a C+R license at a minimum) or impossible (CLEO says "machine gun license? no f**king way!"

-A big whopping shitload of cash. Last I knew registered MP5s were 15K on up, for a pre-86 registered gun. (They're probably way more than that
by now, I bet the sears alone cost 15K without a host gun. ) (Due to the 1986 FOPA amendment to NFA regs, all joe peon machineguns must have been registered before may
of 1986. )

-There is a wallhack for the above but it involves becoming a federally licensed dealer (and maintaining said license) and exploiting political connections. This route is very not cheap and undoable for most due to the flaming hoops involved.

-Mike

Last edited:
Since we are talking about silencers

Since we are on the subject, I thought I would share a rare bird I picked up a few weeks ago with some silencer afficianados.

This is an experimental suppressor designed by Reed Knight of Knights Armament Corp. in the late 1970's for the US Government. It is fairly large but balances well on the weapon. It is extremely quiet. There's is absolutely no muzzle crack at all, only a whizzing sound from bullet going supersonic and clank of the action. This is the first .223 can that I own which I can actually shoot without ears, comfortably. Its too bad Reed only made a handful of these and then the project got scrapped.

KAC223.jpg

Back
Top Bottom