First AR put together for 1000.00 max budget finally done

mac1911

NES Member
After I bought my first stag in oct 08. I kicked the Idea of building my own.
At first I was going to try to find every part as less expensive as possible.

THEN NOVEMBER came. I then decided to get in on some group buys and wait it out.

I started with 1000.00 budget.
I liked my 1st STAG H2 I decided to go at it again

AR15 group buy STAG H2 complete upper/A2 stock/LPK 609.00 delivered
I also got in on the LPK buy here on NES 75.ish I forget.
for spare parts
S&W lower from S&W direct 128.00

Leupold VXIII yard sale 25.00
B-Square riser and weaver rings also @ yard sale 30.00
Not to happy with these now that it is mounted
the rings do not fit the rail so good. Will see if they hold tomorrow
Sling green generic "GI" sling 20.00
Bought a boxOmags out of the 20 misc mags I got 5 working 10rnd and 12 working 30rnd. They where not pretty but a good cleaning and some new followers I got with a nother mag purchase they are running great.

so 17 mags for 75.00 grand total 962.00 plan on being a range plinker.

Now I want a 22lr upper???????

102_1070.jpg

Last edited:
Hit the range sunday. @100y with Wolf Mil-Clasic 55 grain I managed to get.
60 rounds with in the 10" 100y sightNsee taget. My rifle skills are a bit lacking.

I have not used a scope or rifle for some time. I could see my heart beat in the cross hairs. Also from shooting trap for the last 5 years my trigger finger has become a yanker. I need a more solid bench rest to get the scope a bit more zero'd. I was shooting off a ammo can topped with a lead shot bag. 7 1/2s if you need to know. I also recenty recieved a garand. My range time gets devided by the two.

RANGE REPORT

102_1093.jpg

102_1092.jpg

1st image needs to be rotated CC 90*. This 50 rounds of Fed 193 55g @ 100 yards today. I shot 10shot strings. I am a 99% shotgun shooter so rifle skills are minimum. As you can see it started of low. I did not try to adjust the scope to much. Im happy thus far most of the shots hit the 8" target.
Near the end my trigger finger went to shot gun mode and started pulling the trigger.

The 2nd 6" target was a 16shot string with my Garand with Greek surplus ammo. Again happy with this. I have not yet "Practiced" my rifle skills.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the way you have the scope mounted. It's not going to be very stable or solid like that.

I have a larue mount on order, Thats what I had at this time. also playing with positions. Started with the most forward to clear charging handle. I cant have it much higher or I will need a higher comb.

9000s it was actual the owner of the scope. It is dinged up a bit snd was missing the adjuster caps. He sold me a bunch of stuff for great prices. Most stuff he never used.
Boots,jackets, about 50 new fishing lures, he just kept finding things and blurting off prices "it's gotta go"

Back
Top Bottom