Fire Capt. Arrested After Alleged Scuffle with Trick-or-Treaters

Well, I drive by the Florian hall in Dorchester every day, and last week they were all out there with Martha Coakley signs, and had buses running everywhere with similar signage as it was a full-on Democratic election support activity. I don't want to generalize but I think that public sector unions (like firefighters) certainly lean significantly that way as that is who the unions always support. I'm not saying everyone, but can you tell me that all of the big city firefighters round these parts are Republicans or Libertarians?

It depends on the area to some degree. I know some cops in my area and they all were against obama and are generally against libs. The FF's at florian hall are all from the city and the city votes 80% dem, so they reflect the city.

I'm not condoning what this guy did, but definitely can see where he could have been put into a hard position. Golf club though??

But the problem with this thought process, Rotor, ("Why the golf club???) is that this is Mass-a-f*kkin-chusetts....What the hell is he SUPPOSED to do? What was he SUPPOSED to carry on his person for protection????

I mean, look, people, er "Sheeple", here in MA don't feel safe, and some are scared bleepless to walk around these days, make eye contact with anyone, etc..and yet don't feel they are "allowed" to protect themselves. And who can blame them? We're gun owners. We carry guns. But even some guys who believe what we believe and want to protect themselves aren't all that keen about guns. Not saying this was the case here, but some people simply don't "like" guns the way we bitter-clingers do. And almost everyone I know STILL believes that pepper spray is "illegal"...So sheeple do whatever they can to try to "protect" themselves from various sh*t that goes on in cities in 2014. They "carry", but only something they feel comfortable carrying. You feel comfortable with a Sig or SW....

I have my hand on my 442 at all times and my G26 on my ankle as backup, literally everywhere I go. Why? Because it's a dangerous f*kkin world we live in and sometimes my work and personal life does take me through places like Revere, East Boston, Roxbury, Brockton etc etc. Other Massachusetts citizens who are intimidated by the thought of owning/carrying a gun, or might be intimidated by the "process" of applying for one (gee, I wonder why they might feel intimidated by the process of applying, eh??!!) instead find some sort of comfort and/or security by carrying something that is not a gun or knife, but something they can use, something that is fully legal (baseball bat, golf club, heavy duty flashlight etc)...one guy in work wears a belt with heavy fishing lures sewn onto it that he somehow feels will stop a bad guy who walks into McDonalds and declares it's "judgment day" before executing random customers. He actually, literally thinks he can just whip his belt off and "stop the bad guys"...
[rofl]

He also is an Anti, naturally, and thinks I'm "barbaric" for owning a g-g-g-GUN! OMG!WTF!!

It's the Mass sheeple way of thinking, afraid of the bad stuff, yet even more afraid of Martha, Deval, and the friggin' NAZI-like cops in this Neo-Nazi-Administered Hellhole known as the People's Republik. I have no idea whether this captain was of this thought process, but if you see a Dad walking around with a golf club, it doesn't even phase most citizens. "Oh, look, it's Fire Captain Joe! Hi Joe, how's your game these days?

Why else would he have been toting a golf club around the cement streets? Looking to make par?? No, he probably felt he was somehow keeping his family "safe" by open-carrying a 9-iron instead of a 9mm.

But open carry my G-22? I'd be surrounded by Revere cops, ordered to the ground, two of them would kneel on my head, I'd be cuffed, etc etc. THEN (after I'm in the back of a cruiser) they'd ask me "Oh, by the way, do you have a LTC??"

Sarcasm, yes, but you get the idea. The guy was out with his wife and kids, walking a neighborhood of Revere, a neighborhood I know WELL, that used to be, as the "old Revere" types would tell you "a really good, really quiet, nice place to live". ("Ay, Tony! Ay, Mario! How ya doin??). Today? It's friggin' scary at times, and especially at night, and even more so on a "Wilding Night" like Halloween. If I was out with my wife in kids in the dark? In Revere (or anywhere, including Wellesley/Weston/etc etc!), I'm carrying. This Dad was "carrying" too. And if the punks had turned on him with switchblades/clubs/etc, he probably felt he at least had "something" on him.

You and I might have handled this differently. Actually, since we're gun owners in MA and know how effed up it is here, we'd have probably not said anything to the punks and "just called 911" and let them "handle" the situation (by sounding irritated when you call them on 911, and then by showing up about 45 minutes later when they feel like doing so. Apologies to cops here, but we all know this is often the "attitide" we egt in certain towns and Revere is near or AT the top of the "attitude" food chain. (Remember, we're talking about a town where the cops once, years back, took a call for a B&E at CVS and the COPS then proceeded to loot the place THEMSELVES).

This guy simply went out on Halloween night with kids and wife in tow, walked a few streets and encountered YET AGAIN some of the same friggin CRAP that we seem to encounter literally everywhere we friggin go these days. You can't go anywhere, it seems, without being a part of or seeing someone else be a part of some bullsh*t "incident that, in "Old Revere", would've earned the young punk(s) a smack from the Revere cops, another smack from the Lieutenant at the station who knew your uncle, then you'd be driven home to "face the music", a.k.a. your completely embarrassed Dad and disgraced, crying Mom, and you got your ass whooped by Dad for the next week and grounded by Mom for a month.

Today?

"Dat man was just some racist dude who was messin' wit' ma son and sh*t... and I gonna be suin' dis city, you muthaf*kkas, and..." blah blah blah..

I'm surprised CNN isn't headed up here for some Ferguson-like "reporting" on the racist incident that CLEARLY took place that night.

Gimme a break. And give this Captain his pension back, which he might lose once Obama sends his Incident Mitigation Teams to Squire Road, to Broadway, to Beach Street, etc etc etc

"Society".....2014....

Last edited:
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/27...fter-allegedly-attacking-a-child-on-halloween
The alleged victim's father says the kids were innocently out trick-or-treating and believes the altercation was racially motivated.
"They was preyed upon by some white men. Racist men. This is a hate crime. Plain and simple," Manny said "He was drinking. He's a captain. He shouldn't even be on the force."
Due back in court on November 20th.
White Feather

A friend of mine pronounces it "Reverie" says it gives the place a whole new spin.

My buddy grew up there and describes going around as a kid to raise money for a hockey trip. They walked into a pool room, full of smoke and guys with suits. After describing why they were there, the Big Boss said to one of his "Assistants" "Give him three bills." They raised $40 from the rest of the community and $300 from the local Mafioso....

don't you mean Small business entrepreneurs [smile]

They are investigating a bullet through a window on the firefighters street now. They showed the house, I assume it was his and it had a charlie baker sign (seriously). The yutes step father was on tv in a clip this morning ranting about "it's a hate crime". The more you hear, the more you think the arrested was the real victim.

I think the real question that needs to be answered here is.
Were they all Aspiring Rappers or was that just their costumes?

Back
Top Bottom