Finishing 80% AR receiver

It's a lower receiver that needs the fcg milled, selector,trigger,and hammer holes drilled. It's basically a paper weight till you finish it and can can have it sent to your house without going through an ffl. There are no numbers or engravings on them.

Dropride - Thanks, I was scratchin my head on this...

Last edited:
I finished it up this morning.
I used a spot/center drill to make a couple of small divots for the selector markings. These drill are perfect for this. The angle that these cut at leaves a nice round hole at a very shallow depth. With a standard bit you need to drill quite a bit deeper before you get a perfectly round hole. They come in 10 sizes, but I find 1 -5 the most useful. I use them whenever I need to locate a hole very accurately.

I also assembled the stripped upper that I got in the matrix group buy. I have everything I need to finish it except for a barrel and buffer tube.

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 112
I used a spot/center drill to make a couple of small divots for the selector markings. These drill are perfect for this. The angle that these cut at leaves a nice round hole at a very shallow depth. With a standard bit you need to drill quite a bit deeper before you get a perfectly round hole. They come in 10 sizes, but I find 1 -5 the most useful. I use them whenever I need to locate a hole very accurately.

I also assembled the stripped upper that I got in the matrix group buy. I have everything I need to finish it except for a barrel and buffer tube.

Pretty [smile]

65657d1367772684t-finishing-80%25-ar-receiver-img_0336.jpg

7.62 It looks Great. Anti Rotation pins. Nice touch...

Thanks guys,

I received the buffer tube today, only thing left now is the barrel. It's really nice out today, I might just slap another of my uppers on it and take it for a test drive.

I got a chance to put an upper on it and take it for a test drive. (actually 3 different uppers) It runs like a swiss watch.
I also finished up the second receiver.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 57
Question, if someone was to question your rifle how do you prove you built it yourself? I mean if they ask why there isn't any serial #'s on it ect......

Question, if someone was to question your rifle how do you prove you built it yourself? I mean if they ask why there isn't any serial #'s on it ect......

Why would I ever need to prove I built it? But if I ever did, I think that the step by step pics of me doing so should cover that. lol.
Who is they? There is no need to put a serial number on a home build, unless you sell it somewhere down the line.

Why would I ever need to prove I built it? But if I ever did, I think that the step by step pics of me doing so should cover that. lol.
Who is they? There is no need to put a serial number on a home build, unless you sell it somewhere down the line.

Got it. Thanks for the info.

Somebody was looking for these numbers. measurements are taken from 0,0 and are for use with a .375 end mill.
See post # 26 in this thread for 0,0 info

Attachments

• dro 80 ar.jpg
    dro 80 ar.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 97
Those 80% NoJig do seem okay. There's a video of someone doing it in an hour, but, it was bending and flexing a lot in the video.

TM is having a sale on 80% receivers. I just ordered up a couple and it got me thinking about this thread. Looks like I never got around to posting pics of the finished rifles.

IMG_0432r.jpg

IMG_0433r.jpg

IMG_0436r.jpg

IMG_0435r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom