• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fingerprints

Mass-diver

NES Member
I'm thinking about a third stamp. My two previous ones were through my trust. This one will be as individual.

What are options for getting my prints? It's looks like sheet is available online. Is it easy to do? Any tips? I don't really feel like going to my station as I'm scared of the police *wink*

Thanks for any help!

This is my second SBR: 7.5" range toy

I just go to the police, some do it digitally then print them out..they where alittle weirded out by the request for 10 copies, but i just explained the needed to be submitted in duplicate..
Alot of times theyll ink drunks at some stations to avoid the drunk damaging equipment.......they just don ink roll prints anymore at all at my local PD

I know you were joking about being scared of cops but there is no reason not to go in for prints...first they need them for LTCs anyway and you have to send copies of you form 1 or 4 to the CLEO anyway..

Its also easier for somone else to ink print you than trying to do it yourself.

It has to be that card, but not physically the ones they send you.
For example when theY take them digitally they select the format to be printed, different formats for different things. Said and done it comes out looking identical to the ones the sent you.

Also to the OP if you really want to ink print yourself the directions are on the back of the card...also get alot of extras incase you mess up...i cant imagine it going well.

It has to be that card, but not physically the ones they send you.
For example when theY take them digitally they select the format to be printed, different formats for different things. Said and done it comes out looking identical to the ones the sent you.

Also to the OP if you really want to ink print yourself the directions are on the back of the card...also get alot of extras incase you mess up...i cant imagine it going well.
Funny thing you should say that. When I went to get my prints done for a Form 4, the local PD officer left me to ink myself (I've had it done a number of times through life for work as well so it wasn't new to me). But I was still worried that I was going to screw it up somehow. I made 2 copies and probably should have made 3 to be safe. That said when I called the AFT to see the status of my application during the wait - I was informed that one card failed and one card passed. Now I had always been informed to get rolled prints - I didn't realize they accepted the LiveScan. The ATF still recommends the ink though, with the logic of if the LiveScan isn't accepted - no matter the number of copies, they will all be the same. At least with ink there will be variations so it's less likely that all submitted cards will fail and it means less headaches for the applicant.

I always wondered why the fingerprints are suppose to be submitted in duplicate....i wonder if its incase ink prints arnt perfect?

if they are going to have you take your own prints, i wouldn't even bother going to the pd.

Live scans the way to go...I'm thinking about having them leaving the date blank next time so i can just fill it in when submitting.ive heard rumors that they want them taken in a certain timeframe from when you submit your forms.....idk if its true, but i dont doubt it..

Funny thing you should say that. When I went to get my prints done for a Form 4, the local PD officer left me to ink myself (I've had it done a number of times through life for work as well so it wasn't new to me). But I was still worried that I was going to screw it up somehow. I made 2 copies and probably should have made 3 to be safe. That said when I called the AFT to see the status of my application during the wait - I was informed that one card failed and one card passed. Now I had always been informed to get rolled prints - I didn't realize they accepted the LiveScan. The ATF still recommends the ink though, with the logic of if the LiveScan isn't accepted - no matter the number of copies, they will all be the same. At least with ink there will be variations so it's less likely that all submitted cards will fail and it means less headaches for the applicant.

This...I'll still take ink over LiveScan for the reason cited. The problem is fewer LEOs know how to ink, and it's no longer taught in academies or other training.

Finger prints must have been taken within 12 months of the form 4 submission date
Good to know, i didnt see that written anywhere on the card..12months is a reasonable time frame so the ones i have ready should get my pile of form 4s,1s through....it may say that on the form 4 instructions though ill look later just out of curiosity.

Back
Top Bottom