Finally going to do it

So I've been thinking about getting into reloading for a few years. I really didn't have the time to justify loading in the past with 2 small kids at home.

I recently picked up a Remington 700 in 300wsm. This is when I realized with this expensive round I could recoup my start up costs in no time.

I'm strongly considering a hornady classic deluxe reloading kit, adding in a case trimmer a media separator and tumbler as we'll. I realize no kit will be perfect but it feels like a great kit. Besides attending EC reloading class any other tips on things I should pick up? I plan on grabbing another reloading manual or 2 as we'll. Blink to kit below

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/149937/hornady-lock-n-load-classic-single-stage-press-deluxe-kit

I've been doing a lot of reading on different theory's on that. Most are saying that a fl resize will be more reliable but that neck sizing for the specific gun can be more accurate and saves wear on the brass. I've got tons to learn and will be taking a class.

I've been doing a lot of reading on different theory's on that. Most are saying that a fl resize will be more reliable but that neck sizing for the specific gun can be more accurate and saves wear on the brass. I've got tons to learn and will be taking a class.
You can size your brass to function well useing the case comparator or rcbs prcission mic.
If you take your die sets and set them per instructions it will or most likely set your brass back to far. Dependant on your chamber of course.
If hunting you want your brass to function with out issue for follow up shots. I think this is why they recommend FL sizing.
I can tell you though before I got the rcbs mic for 223 and 30-06 I was way over sizing my brass.
I neck size for my A3 and have not have had any feeding issues yet. Even in the rapid fire stage.

[QUOT E=Mxracer239y;3809251]It may be a better use of your money and time to do this before buying equipment. A class can be enlightening.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I'm
Buying now is the wife is on board. I don't plan to load anything until I learn a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom