Ferlach Dreilling

MY FERLACH DRILLING MADE BY MASTER GUNMAKER LUDWIG BOROVNIK,AUSTRIA.

GUN MADE IN 1958 AND IS A SHOOTER!!

SINGLE 12ga over SINGLE 30.06

DSC01714-1.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING

FRED

Last edited:
Excuse me, I need to errrrrrr...........never mind. I need to smoke a cigarrette.

Wow!!! Just wow!!!! I looooooooove German guns. That thing is just stunning!

Minor nomenclature technicality: your gun is not a drilling (anglicized version of the German dreiling). A Dreiling has three barrels, which is why the name starts with drei (three in German). A dreiling most commonly is a side by side gun (16 gauge being the most popular) with a rifled barrel beneath usually chambered for a rimmed version of a rimless German military or sporting cartridge, such as 7X57R.

What you have is a doppleflintbuchse, or in English, a combination gun

Excuse me, I need to errrrrrr...........never mind. I need to smoke a cigarrette.

Minor nomenclature technicality: your gun is not a drilling (anglicized version of the German dreiling). A Dreiling has three barrels, which is why the name starts with drei (three in German). A dreiling most commonly is a side by side gun (16 gauge being the most popular) with a rifled barrel beneath usually chambered for a rimmed version of a rimless German military or sporting cartridge, such as 7X57R.

If so [bow]

I take it to the range most evey time.

Fred

I already told him that when he claimed his Savage was a drilling. Some just won't learn...[rolleyes]

Oh. My. God. [shocked] [smile]

I dont care if it's called a drilling, dreiling, doppleflintbuchse or a dopplebokenboomer... [thinking]

That is a bona fide work of art !

If it would have 3 barrels, it would be called a Drilling in German.
This one would be called a "Buechsflinte".
And BTW, it is made in Austria, not Germany.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom