• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal Rifle Ammunition Recommendations Application

If you haven't seen it yet -

Federal's site has a neat little app featuring Jim Scouten that helps navigate their ammo offerings by game or caliber.
I found it to be a pretty cool little tool and thought I'd share.

http://www.federalpremium.com/recommendation/default.aspx

* I tend to post links about things on manufacturer's websites. Just an FYI, I am not a dealer nor am I affiliated, employed by, or reimbursed by any manufacturer. In case you were wondering ;)

Federal's site is very good. However, I do have a problem with them. First they are now packaging .22s in 40 round boxes, less money=less product. Second, I was at the range this last week, and the Federal .22 ammo is sticky with some type of lube. It made a real mess in a 10/22, and a Model 17. With .22 fodder rather difficult to get, in the past months, I sort-of loaded up on the Federal when it became available...so sorry! I got some bulk Winchester yesterday at Holbrook, hope it is better. I did see some Wolf (performance ?) .22 loads today that looked good with an oil lube, normally I stay away from Wolf. However, I may rethink this if these loads work.

Back
Top Bottom