• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal HST for 38/357

Saw an article on Federal releasing HST 130gr for short barrel revolvers, anyone know anything about this? Release date? Reviews?

Nice. Don't carry my snub often (older no+P S&W), but carry Nyclads that I bought God knows how many years ago! Haven't looked for the Nyclad recently, but was very hard to find.

Last edited:
The bullets are seated way deep to make for consistent velocity, which is really interesting. The other HST's are not only great, consistent expanders, but I've found them to be exceptionally accurate too. I hope these are the same...

FP_PPD_38SPL_HST_Micro_R_130gr_lg.jpg

The bullets are seated way deep to make for consistent velocity, which is really interesting. The other HST's are not only great, consistent expanders, but I've found them to be exceptionally accurate too. I hope these are the same...

Anyone see this in ANY stores in Massachusetts yet?

A long time ago I knew a guy that loaded his own self defense ammo. He used hollow based semi wadcutters with the base turned around. They looked a lot like this picture, but were lead, not copper jacketed. Come to think of it, back in the 1970s, there wasn't much in the way of copper jacketed ammunition floating around.

I use Speer Gold Dot 135gr SJHP which is designed for short barrels. I use it in my my 642 and my 36-1 with a 3" barrel.

A long time ago I knew a guy that loaded his own self defense ammo. He used hollow based semi wadcutters with the base turned around. They looked a lot like this picture, but were lead, not copper jacketed. Come to think of it, back in the 1970s, there wasn't much in the way of copper jacketed ammunition floating around.

I use Speer Gold Dot 135gr SJHP which is designed for short barrels. I use it in my my 642 and my 36-1 with a 3" barrel.
We loaded swaged HBWC backwards back then. I forget the load but they worked well shooting into phone books which was all we had for testing back then.

Did you hold the cartridge up to the light and announce "Wad Cutters!!!" with an evil cackle? I remember when dumb tv shows used to act like a wadcutter was a nuclear weapon...

Ok, that one was beyond me. What era of TV shows was that a thing?

Like some crappy stuff from the 70s-80s. The detective would either say something like (upon finding a body) that they used wad cutters, or some guy would be planning a hit and that he had a load of "wad cutters" for his nemesis, etc.

Back
Top Bottom