Falling plate shoots

Hello: every Saturday at 9 a.m. there's a falling plate shoot at the Falmouth (Maine) Rod & Gun Club that is open to the public. Needed are eye and ear protection, 96 rounds of ammo, three speed loaders or four magzines. Please visit the club's Web site, www.frandg.org for more information. There's a picture of the plate shoot on the right side of the home page. Just click on it. Thanks. Springs.

Last edited:
springs said:
Hello: every Saturday at 9 a.m. there's a falling plate shoot at the Falmouth (Maine) Rod & Gun Club that is open to the public. Needed are eye and ear protection, 96 rounds of ammo, three speed loaders or four magzines. Please visit the club's Web site, www.frandg.com for more information. There's a picture of the plate shoot on the right side of the home page. Just click on it. Thanks. Springs.

Looks like that should be "www.frandg.org"
As in www.frandg.org

I can't throw stones. My latest: Typing "whitehouse.com" instead of whitehouse.gov; from a government computer. There is a difference between the two.

Plate racks

Thank you, yes it's a very good system that was designed and built by Cal Stanley about four years ago. So while we were shooting the old plates, Cal was at his shop building the new ones. The plates are AR500 and should last a very long time. Cal will never have to pay the entry fee again. This is the 14th consecutive year that the weekly plate shoots have been held and I believe that the six round rule was to help make it revolver neutural. The S&W L frames were popular since they worked well with the spring-loaded speed loaders. The first seven years or so, most shooters used a revolver then gradually more and more switched to semi autos. Being able to change mags quickly is a plus. Some shooters can take down all the plates in about 23 seconds at 10 yards. It's more of a friendly get together shoot rather than a competition. Take care. Springs.

True, plates are fun. I believe that about five years ago Steve Rand contacted Brian Bayliss about our plate shoot. Brian started the plate shoots at Falmouth by getting the funds approved by the club's board of directors to design and build the plate system. So it's not surprising that the North Berwick plates and rules are similar to Falmouth's. For many years Brian was the best plate shooter at Falmouth and used a S&W L frame with light loads. Sadly, he longer shoots. Springs.

Each Action Plate relay is shot from the 10, 15, 20 & finally, 25 yd(m?) line.

The cart acts as shelter for the scorer & the 'on deck' shooter.
At the end of each relay, it is wheeled back 5 yards in order to stay behind the firing line.

Back
Top Bottom