• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falconry bust

Funny when MA officials think borders exist and when they think they do not
(guy needs to take a hunters ed course in MA that he will probably not be able to use) 🤣

Also no name and got off pretty easy.
AFAIK, HunterEd courses have national, and limited international reciprocity.

The only reason to take a Mass.-specific HE course, would be to use it for FID/LTC issuance.

Unless I'm missing something?

AFAIK, HunterEd courses have national, and limited international reciprocity.

The only reason to take a Mass.-specific HE course, would be to use it for FID/LTC issuance.

Unless I'm missing something?
Part of his plea deal is he needs to take that course for some reason

Imagine having one of these government jobs and having so much free time on your hands that they can spend their days looking for stupid sh*t like this? It just seems like a government in search of a problem.

I admit I was surprised you needed a license for this. But then again it's Massachusetts.
Raptors are protected.

My buddy, who was a falconer, would not give my kid a shed feather. Kind of like giving a fired case to a non-licensed person in DPRM.

I once found a dead owl. Called fish cops, told them where it was. There was some joking back and forth, with the upshot being it would have been OK to poke it with a stick, but not to keep any feathers.

Then, if you use them for hunting, you need a hunting license. If the bird takes unlawful prey, it's on you, just as if you'd used a shottie to take the wrong bird.

Back
Top Bottom