fairness in DC v Heller

jcr

Oral argument in the Supreme Court is usually 1 hour split 30min-30min between petitioner and respondant. It is so in the DC v Heller Second Amendment case also.

But,

The US Department of Justice requested 15 minutes of its own to argue its position. Its posistion is that the case should be sent back down to the Court of Appeals for it to decide what is "reasonable regulation".

Essentially, 45 minutes of time has been allotted to those who favor government infringement of the right to keep arms, while only 30 minutes of oral argument for those who are for invalidating laws that infringe a right to keep arms.

Oral argument in the Supreme Court is usually 1 hour split 30min-30min between petitioner and respondant. It is so in the DC v Heller Second Amendment case also.

But,

The US Department of Justice requested 15 minutes of its own to argue its position. Its posistion is that the case should be sent back down to the Court of Appeals for it to decide what is "reasonable regulation".

Essentially, 45 minutes of time has been allotted to those who favor government infringement of the right to keep arms, while only 30 minutes of oral argument for those who are for invalidating laws that infringe a right to keep arms.

The motive of the DOJ is so transparent, even to a lowly serf like me, that the SC will look like a bunch of flunkies if they go this route. I'd be real surprised.

I hope SCOTUS tells the DOJ to STFU. Their interest is obviously no different than the antis interests.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom