• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fair Winds and Following Seas - Semper Fi!

TonyD

One Shot One Maggie's Drawers
Billy Atkins informed me of this tragedy over the weekend while shooting at Ft. Benning.

God Bless and God Speed, Marine.

In Memoriam: SSgt Abraham G. Twitchell, USMC, is remembered by many who competed in the National Matches highpower rifle events. SSgt Twitchell was an armorer for the U.S. Marine Corps Rifle Team who attended the National Matches and pro*vided outstanding armorer support for the team during the 2003 and 2004 National Tro*phy Rifle Matches.

SSgt Twitchell was subsequently assigned to the Combat Service Support Group-1, 1st Marine Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, in Twenty Nine Palms, CA. There, he also worked as an armorer customiz*ing pistols and rifles for action in Iraq. On February 8th, he was deployed with the Combat Logistics Battalion 7, supplying ammunition and weapons in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He died on April 2, 2006, near al Asad, Iraq. Prior to being assigned to the USMC Weapons Training Bat*talion, SSgt Twitchell attended the Precision Weapons School at Quantico Virginia. When he graduated from that program he was assigned to the Marine Corps Rifle Team. During his tour with the rifle team, he was in charge of research and development for advanced upgrades to National Match M-16 rifles. His work assisted Marine Corps Rifle Team members in winning the National Trophy Individual, National Trophy Team and Na*tional Trophy Infantry Team Matches during the 2003 National Matches. Abe also worked with several junior highpower rifle teams that attended marksmanship clinics at Quantico by giving the juniors and their coaches insight into weapons maintenance and accuracy improvements that could be made to AR-15 match rifles. Abe never shot competitively, but as a skilled armorer he became an esteemed and invaluable member of the competition service rifle family. A memorial fund is being set up for the benefit of Abe’s children. Contact Sgt. Clinton Ziadeh via email at CAZia*[email protected].

I met the guy when Gunny Marion and I made that PX run for you and other folks when you were coaching the Jr's on Whistler Boy.

SSgtTwitchell.jpg

Back
Top Bottom