• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FA-10s online?

I have not been able to find FA-10s online anywhere to download and print. Does anyone have a link to share, or are they simply not available online.

Thanks!

You have to wonder why they can't be done on line. Signature I guess, but you can do electronic signatures. Or, you could fill them out on line, print them, then sign them and mail them in. This hand written crap is for the birds.

Gary

You have to wonder why they can't be done on line. Signature I guess, but you can do electronic signatures. Or, you could fill them out on line, print them, then sign them and mail them in. This hand written crap is for the birds.

Gary

because someone's cousin would be out of a job.

Gary

Because the object of the exercise is to provide duplicates to both the buyer and seller, something the old blue card utterly failed to do. It also requires the SIGNATURES of both the buyer and seller, which your on-line scenario fails to provide.

Unless you are in the habit of bringing a PC and printer with you (and your range has WiFi), the FA-10 is far more convenient.

Because the object of the exercise is to provide duplicates to both the buyer and seller, something the old blue card utterly failed to do. It also requires the SIGNATURES of both the buyer and seller, which your on-line scenario fails to provide.

Unless you are in the habit of bringing a PC and printer with you (and your range has WiFi), the FA-10 is far more convenient.

You don't actually have to complete the FA-10 on line and submit it electronically, although that would be nice too. Being able to fill it out then print it for signatures and mailing would be a nice option.

If nothing else, there should be a way for dealers to do them totally electronically. All of the technology exists and is pretty cheap.

Gary

You don't actually have to complete the FA-10 on line and submit it electronically, although that would be nice too. Being able to fill it out then print it for signatures and mailing would be a nice option. Gary

OK, Techno-Mage, do this: SCAN the FA-10 in, then use the autofill function on your magic pdf software (ScanSoft, whatever) to type in the blanks and "X" the boxes. Print 3, sign 3 and mail. [wink]

OK, Techno-Mage, do this: SCAN the FA-10 in, then use the autofill function on your magic pdf software (ScanSoft, whatever) to type in the blanks and "X" the boxes. Print 3, sign 3 and mail. [wink]

I don't think that would work. The light blue parts wouldn't scan, which is why they use light blue ink on the parts they don't want to scan in. Not having those little blue boxes might throw off the spacing and screw up the OCR software. An on line form designed from the ground up as such wouldn't have that problem.

Gary

You don't actually have to complete the FA-10 on line and submit it electronically, although that would be nice too. Being able to fill it out then print it for signatures and mailing would be a nice option.

Gary

I don't know if it's in place at all FFLs in MA (apparently not). but at Four Seasons that's the set-up they have. All the info is entered into the system, printed out and copies signed.

I don't think that would work. The light blue parts wouldn't scan, which is why they use light blue ink on the parts they don't want to scan in. Not having those little blue boxes might throw off the spacing and screw up the OCR software. An on line form designed from the ground up as such wouldn't have that problem.

Gary

The only problem I see is that I like to see the person's license first.

Let's say I sell a gun on the NES classifieds, you would have to send me the information off your license needed for the online FA-10 form. Someone send or types the information incorrectly... Prints off three forms, and heads out the door to meet the other person.

I get to the deal and I see that something is mis-typed. Now what?

That's the only real problem I would see with an online form.

Massachusetts [rofl] doesn't like the idea of it's citizens owning guns in the first place...why would they want to make anything easier for us?[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom