FA-10........sorry,i dont know what one is

I called the Watertown PD a couple of months ago asking for them. The officer that I talked to told me to ask for a "firearm transfer form" when I came in since most people at the PD refer to them as such.

Not a surprise at all.

Call 617-660-4600 Leave a message with the forms department and tell them how many you want and they'll be put in the mail Monday.

People go to WAY too much trouble driving around to find these things

This reminds me of something that REALLY pissed me off the other day. I stopped at the local PD to pick up an FA-10 for a Sunday morning transaction.

I was told by the officer at the front desk that they were no longer handing out FA-10s at the front desk, and that I'd have to come back during working hours (10-12 and 1-3, or whatever they consider working hours) and request them from the licensing officer.

When I inquired as to why, I was informed that they wanted to "keep tabs" on who was buying and selling guns.

Stow, Acton and Bedford PDs have them at the window. Ask for as many as you want, I've picked up 8 at a time from them.

This reminds me of something that REALLY pissed me off the other day. I stopped at the local PD to pick up an FA-10 for a Sunday morning transaction.

I was told by the officer at the front desk that they were no longer handing out FA-10s at the front desk, and that I'd have to come back during working hours (10-12 and 1-3, or whatever they consider working hours) and request them from the licensing officer.

When I inquired as to why, I was informed that they wanted to "keep tabs" on who was buying and selling guns.

That's bullshit. It's none of their business.

That's totally idiotic. The "tab keeping" will be done when the form is filled out and turned in, not by monitoring who is asking for forms.

Silly PD. Just go get your forms from a neighboring town, or order them directly from the CHSB.

I've noticed also that most folks manning the front desk don't know what an FA-10 form is, but "the form for selling a gun" either rings a bell or gives them enough info to dig through their forms and find it. Usually when they find it they say, "well, this is the form that replaces the FA-10, is that what you want?" Because it does say that it replaces the old dealer FA-10 form on the front page.

Last edited:
That's straight BS.

Tony, call CHSB and ask for the forms PLUS tell them what you were told and ID the PD it came from. Also call GOAL and let them know what/where it happened. They will get a re-education as a result and others may have fewer problems.

Back
Top Bottom