FA-10 question

dreppucci007

NES Member
Now that I have my C&R FFL, when I transfer a gun via FA-10, in the seller's section, should I put my FFL# if it is not for a C&R? I know in previous posts it's been mentioned that I am supposed to give out a copy of the Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice, which leads me to believe I should put my FFL# down regardless. TIA

"Now that I have my C&R FFL, when I transfer a gun via FA-10, in the seller's section, should I put my FFL# if it is not for a C&R?"

Since the sale is NOT of a C&R firearm, how is your C&R even relevant? As a mere C&R is NOT a Mass. sales license, you are not a "licensed dealer" and can only sell 4 guns per calendar year on your LTC or FID. In short, you are not a dealer for the purposes of the FA-10.

"I know in previous posts it's been mentioned that I am supposed to give out a copy of the Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice, which leads me to believe I should put my FFL# down regardless."

Again, that applies to DEALERS, which you are not. You are a COLLECTOR, which is why you are not allowed to sell C&R guns as part of a business and can only sell the aforementioned 4 guns/year.

Scrivener said:
Again, that applies to DEALERS, which you are not. You are a COLLECTOR, which is why you are not allowed to sell C&R guns as part of a business and can only sell the aforementioned 4 guns/year.

I UNDERSTAND that it is a collector FFL "Collector of Curios and Relics". I understand 4 guns/year. All I was asking is whether I should put my FFL# on the FA-10. A previous post saying that I should be handing out the Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice led me to believe that maybe I should...Mentioned here by Len:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5254

HOWEVER, holders of a C&R FFL may need to review the BATFE rules. It appears that we are supposed to give the "handgun warning" booklet with ANY sale of a pistol, even if it isn't a C&R! So, there may be additional requirements for some folks (I am NOT certain, but have seen the implication).

Just a simple question, Scrivener...No need to be an ass about it...All I wanted was a simple Yes or No. Join as an NES Member first, then you can criticize if it seems to be deserved. You really have a way of killing the f*%king mood, man.

dre,

As far as MA is concerned you do NOT HAVE AN FFL (of any sort), so the C&R FFL number never goes on any FA-10 that you fill out. LTC info only in that section. [This is because MA does NOT recognize the C&R FFL in MGLs, except as a reason to get a F/A License.]

The Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice issue is something mandated by the Feds for ALL FFLs (including C&R FFLs according to my read of the situation and prior discussions on the C&R FFL eList, but IANAL).

So state requires one thing, Feds require something else that can co-exist.

Sorry, I know all this crap is confusing.

LenS said:
dre,

As far as MA is concerned you do NOT HAVE AN FFL (of any sort), so the C&R FFL number never goes on any FA-10 that you fill out. LTC info only in that section. [This is because MA does NOT recognize the C&R FFL in MGLs, except as a reason to get a F/A License.]

The Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice issue is something mandated by the Feds for ALL FFLs (including C&R FFLs according to my read of the situation and prior discussions on the C&R FFL eList, but IANAL).

So state requires one thing, Feds require something else that can co-exist.

Sorry, I know all this crap is confusing.

Thank you, Len.

Back
Top Bottom