Extreme Close Quarter Shooting Seminar

There are so many different schools of thought on CQB tactics, that it's pointless to argue about it. I have been taught the muzzle up thing and I have been taught to keep the barrel aimed at the target area also. I prefer the muzzle up (handle turned in towards the other hand, muzzle slightly raised) as it is a more natural and smooth movement to reload FOR ME under stress when I can see the mag well in my peripherial (sp?) vision. The time you "lose" by moving the muzzle away from the target area is negligable at worst, and the faster / easier reloads make up for it. Personal choice.

Here it is. I practice it while not looking directly at the gun when possible. Keep the eyes on the prize!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ In God we Trust;

That's a far cry from the vertical reloads in the OP; you'll notice that several times those guys had to pull the spent mag out manually.
Yes, but my point was more that I don't agree with the "never take your gun off the target area" mentality. What they were doing in the video was a little outlandish, but if you ask 10 different "experts" you will get 10 different answers.

But we can agree to disagree on how much.
Fair enough. There were some techniques in the video were very similar to what I've been taught elsewhere, and make sense to me. There were some that I didn't quite understand -- why strike the target with the muzzle of your pistol only to then back up and shoot them?

I don't think your reasoning is wrong, I was just wondering why -- as you must know, there is more than one way to skin a cat. One instructor teaches things one way and can show plenty of valid examples why, another instructor might have another way with plenty of examples why it's right.
Absolutely. One of the best bits of advice I got from an instructor (Ayoob, actually), was to consider each technique that an instructor teaches you, see if it works for you, and if it doesn't, find something else.

Myself, I've spent plenty of time reviewing film on students doing CQB for safety violations and the like. Video is a great tool because it does not lie and it doesn't miss anything.
I haven't, but would love to be one of the students videotaped. I'm sure I could learn a lot by seeing my mistakes. As long as it wasn't put on Youtube for everyone to criticize [rofl]

When that guy muzzled his neighbor -- it was an obvious teaching moment, the video only shows the safety violation -- it does not show the teaching moment the RSO or HMFIC should have exploited.
I think we've all been on both sides of a teachable moment.

Any way I watched that video one time and I commented, I saw a few things, not my particular style of music, but nothing major other than the flagging while the two of them were doing synchronized pistol maneuvers at 1:11. But, those guys looked queer doing that, so if somebody gets shot it's just part of natural selection.
Yea, that synchronized shooting thing was odd, wasn't it?

There are so many different schools of thought on CQB tactics, that it's pointless to argue about it. I have been taught the muzzle up thing and I have been taught to keep the barrel aimed at the target area also. I prefer the muzzle up (handle turned in towards the other hand, muzzle slightly raised) as it is a more natural and smooth movement to reload FOR ME under stress when I can see the mag well in my peripherial (sp?) vision. The time you "lose" by moving the muzzle away from the target area is negligable at worst, and the faster / easier reloads make up for it. Personal choice.
Your video is basically what I was taught at Sig, and pretty close to how I reload. I don't have a problem with that at all.

But that is very different from original video. In the original video, the muzzles are pointing just about straight up, and that, IMHO, is not optimal.

Yes, but my point was more that I don't agree with the "never take your gun off the target area" mentality. What they were doing in the video was a little outlandish, but if you ask 10 different "experts" you will get 10 different answers.
I think we're closer in agreement than this post implies.

I learn my extreme CQB from RTT-CQB Man......slaying bodies...all the time.....goodtogo?

Friggin slaying bodies - goodtogo

This Jar-head is most likely mocking his Plt Sgt or an instructor, who "forgot to turn in his smokey (campaign cover)" when he left DI duty.

Anyone else notice that "RTT-CQB Man" shoots his "primary" left-handed and his "secondary" right-handed?

This Jar-head is most likely mocking his Plt Sgt or an instructor, who "forgot to turn in his smokey (campaign cover)" when he left DI duty.

Anyone else notice that "RTT-CQB Man" shoots his "primary" left-handed and his "secondary" right-handed?

Good to go?!

Like the spray and pray at 1:50, or the ninja weapon the video closes out with? [smile]

i like the blocking the arm and shooting at close range.... may come in handy for when i'm outta Newports and a ninja drops down from a rooftop. [smile]

[rofl] all BS aside, SOME of that stuff may be useful on multiple attackers. would i pay for this instruction? no.... but i'm not a HSLD Xe PSD operator either...

[laugh]

i like the blocking the arm and shooting at close range.... may come in handy for when i'm outta Newports and a ninja drops down from a rooftop. [smile]

[rofl] all BS aside, SOME of that stuff may be useful on multiple attackers. would i pay for this instruction? no.... but i'm not a HSLD Xe PSD operator either...

[laugh]

AirNinja.jpg

YIKES!

Back
Top Bottom