Extras with bullet purchase . ~ Update ~ . . .

Magnum_Burst.jpg
Just wondering, what is the norm for extra bullets placed in with your bulk order? I know that in the past I received perhaps twenty-five extra bullets with my bulk purchase (many years ago) and was happy to get them. My last purchase gave me ten percent (10%) over what my order was, that is indeed generous of them, or is that the normal business practice nowadays?​

Last edited:
Does this place ship complete ammo to MA as well? I don't have a press yet, but if they're shipping extra bits, I'd like to check 'em out! [laugh]

PM me the supplier if you don't want to post here? Thanks.

I have bought bulk bullets (tracers and fmj) pulled from military rounds. They usually include a few extra to make up for dud tracers or less than perfect rounds. On a 5k purchase I had about 50 extra.

Just wondering, what is the norm for extra bullets placed in with your bulk order? I know that in the past I received perhaps twenty-five extra bullets with my bulk purchase (many years ago) and was happy to get them. My last purchase gave me ten percent (9.8 % actually) over what my order was, that is indeed generous of them, or is that the normal business practice nowadays?​
~ UPDATE ~​

Well my second order from the same company showed up and I was kinda-sorta hoping that I’d get another ten percent extra (actually 9.8 percent) with this shipment like I did with the last one but no such luck! I received 1.7 percent less than what my order called for.

Being 9.8 percent ahead the first time and 1.7 percent behind the second time leaves me about 8.1 percent in the black or actually FREE for the two orders is not bad at all. I don’t see myself ordering anything in the near future (no need) so I wont be finding out if this erratic bullet count will continue. I always thought they weighed the bullets in bulk and just added a couple to make sure they have at least the correct amount.

I’ll probably notify them, when I eventually do order, that I was somewhat shorted in my last order . . . no need to mention the first order, is there? Just wondering what poor soul was “shorted” in their shipments that helped to make my order more bountiful?​

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother mentioning it at all.

I've also never counted the bullets in any bulk packs that I bought. Waste of time with insufficient ROI!

I wouldn't bother mentioning it at all.

I've also never counted the bullets in any bulk packs that I bought. Waste of time with insufficient ROI!

I probably wont mention anything about the discrepancy in the order but I definitely would if I got shorted the ten percent.

I know I didn’t count the bullets in the bulk packs that I received years ago when I reloaded but thought I would check this time to see what was sent, and I also was separating them into smaller, even count, containers. There really should be no reason for them to be off on the amount they send, all they have to do is weight them and then add one or two.

Back
Top Bottom