• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

expiration period on ammo?

I was going to be an 0351 Assaultman prior to getting injured. But my body had other plans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes I know that. Maybe I listen too much to the tv or friends. I was thinking that the government blows up a lot of unused ammo and ordinance so it got me thinking...

And after reading this thread, your next thought should be about how much our government wastes. But take heart, they do it "for the children"

First beer, now ammo.

Drugs don't go bad either they just want you to buy more.

Back in '93 I bought a case of Sturgis branded beer. They sat in a closet for near 20 years. Somehow I had it in my mind that, like wine or liquor, it would improve with age.

I was incorrect in that belief.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

Yes I know that. Maybe I listen too much to the tv or friends. I was thinking that the government blows up a lot of unused ammo and ordinance so it got me thinking...

Ok, we've been having a little fun with you here, but the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask. My own experience is that you can get your ammo wet, muddy and more and for prolonged periods of time, but as long as you don't physically alter it, it's probably going to work for you. Hope this helps.

Ammo with non-toxic primers has a finite shelf life if not kept under ideal temperature and humidity. Other than that if the cartridge looks in good shape without corrosion it should be good to go.

When I worked in a warehouse full of beer I was told that Dogfish and stone both go out of code with in 90 days. Beers over 10% usually stay good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom