Ever had a hard time selling a gun?

I don't really have that hard of a time selling certain guns. As my taste and interests change so does my collection. Those that I am more "attached" to I would find very difficult selling even if I was in financial difficulty. I'd probably look for other ways to cover the costs. I do feel a slight remorse for certain ones like the fact that I sold my first gun ever a while ago but the feeling passes and I move on. All I have to do is open up the safe and I'm happy again.[grin]

I have two kinds of guns in my safe. One is those that I would never sell unless I had no choice and two, the ones that are set aside as sale/trade fodder in case I see something better I would like.

The first sale is the hardest. After that, it's not so bad. I only sell or trade if I'm getting another firearm or firearm accessory though. It's hard enough saving up to get something different without selling a gun and spending the money on non-firearm related stuff.

Good luck with your decision. By the looks of this thread, you'd have no problems selling it if you decided to.

I've only just started buying guns, but I can't imagine ever selling them.

I think I'd rather be very picky about what I buy.

I've sold a few that were impulse buys that if sold could pay for something I really wanted.

I try very hard not to sell guns. In the last 20 years I traded one gun (.22) for another (.44 Mag), and sold two guns that were given to me that were duplicates of guns I already had and wasn't crazy about. I have duplicates of many guns that I won't sell. I've given one or two guns away to special people.

I hope my wife or family get fair money for them when I'm gone, but I can't let them go.

Sometimes, there is certain stuff I've owned that I just should never have bought(M&P, Glock). I took a loss, learned my lesson and moved on. Then there is other stuff I have a little regret but I know I can replace(H&K, 1911). Then there is the stuff that will never be sold(Python, SP101 .22) because they are too hard to find a replacement.

Everything for me fits into some category.

The worst part about selling is a lowball or LMAD, sell part response. For some reason there are folks that don't understand a sell price on a complete package, a matching package.

Yup, I can see that coming because I plan to sell my AR. The package won't be cheap, but, everything is brand new, it's unfired, and all that stuff hanging on those rails costs $$$.

There are very few possessions in my life that aren't subject to being sold. If I want something new, something has to go. It's a zero sum proposition for me.

The money from the AR will go to a 9mm 1911 build by Greg Derr or David Santurri.

The beauty is that I don't need the money right away so I can wait a very long time for the right buyer to come along.

I don't particularly like my house. I'd keep the guns even then.

This house is the single largest contributer to my eventual heart attack.

[rofl] +1 million [cheers]

Every time I sell a gun I buy a gun/bow ...my household has a no net loss gun policy as long as I can pay the bills. I've never really regretted a sale yet....I do try to buy guns that I will have a use for....but I do have my fair share of safe queens.....

Last edited:
Just put up a xD subcompact for sale in the members classifieds... only time I'll sell one is for another. Time to get an AR-15!!!

Back
Top Bottom