Even in NH - Ya Gotta Have a CCW

Yes. CCW is required in NH for those who plan to carry 'concealed'. About 4 years ago I was traveling down from Littleton & was hailed to pull over by border patrol/locals, who were conducting vehicle checks. When the agent/officer approached my vehicle I handed him my license & ccw, alerting him to the fact that I was carrying a loaded, concealed revolver in my glove compartment. He said thank you, asked his questions and sent me on my way.
Here's the web site for NH State Police/permit info:

www.nh.gov.divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr/htm

Yes. CCW is required in NH for those who plan to carry 'concealed'. About 4 years ago I was traveling down from Littleton & was hailed to pull over by border patrol/locals, who were conducting vehicle checks. When the agent/officer approached my vehicle I handed him my license & ccw, alerting him to the fact that I was carrying a loaded, concealed revolver in my glove compartment. He said thank you, asked his questions and sent me on my way.
Here's the web site for NH State Police/permit info:

www.nh.gov.divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr/htm

Your URL didn't work. Here's a link to the actual application.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/dssp260.pdf

Mine says NON RESIDENT Pistol/Revolver License. Nothing on it about Concealed Carry, but I'd guess that the language is in the applicable RSA.

I was up in New Hampshire yesterday at Near-Fest and carrying. At one point it got hot enough to take off my sweat shirt and I thought about open carry. I ended up untucking my T shirt instead, but it was good to have the option.

Part of my calculus was the large number of out of state plates in the parking lot. I was pretty sure that the folks from Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire wouldn't be at all nonplussed, but that the folks from MA, RI, CT, might be a bit freaked out.

There is no 'CCW' permit, it is a P/R license. Hopefully in the next year,all you need is a drivers license to conceal carry. That is supposable legislation that is coming up this coming session. It will make NH a no license state, but provide the option for people who WANT a paper license (or make drivers licenses as of a certain date indicate it is a CCW license), for those needing/wanting reciprocity.

Excellent. So that would make three states? Vermont, Alaska and New Hampshire as states that do not require a CCW permit?

Part of my calculus was the large number of out of state plates in the parking lot. I was pretty sure that the folks from Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire wouldn't be at all nonplussed, but that the folks from MA, RI, CT, might be a bit freaked out.

Please don't appease them. If they can't get over the fact that it's an inanimate object, that's their problem.

>>Excellent. So that would make three states? Vermont, Alaska and New Hampshire as states that do not require a CCW permit?<<

With the preponderance of Democrats in our House & Senate, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. [wink]

>>Excellent. So that would make three states? Vermont, Alaska and New Hampshire as states that do not require a CCW permit?<<

With the preponderance of Democrats in our House & Senate, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. [wink]

And not real prospect of that ration changing in this cycle.[thinking]

.... When the agent/officer approached my vehicle I handed him my license & ccw, alerting him to the fact that I was carrying a loaded, concealed revolver in my glove compartment...

Unless asked there is no reason to tell them you have a pistol or that you are licensed unless asked.

I'm 99,999,999.999999% sure they will asked me now as the first thing based on all my bumper stickers.... I'm debating if I wanted to put the Star of David with "GUN OWNER" in the middle on my car. On one hand it was produced by Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership, but on the other hand, it is marking my car with a Star of David... at least it would be by choice and not forced upon me.

A number (if not all) of the people involved in the NH vote to ban firearms in the statehouse won't be back in office this coming session. Also note, that in *some* areas Libertarians run as democrats, because democrats are more likely to win.

I'm 99,999,999.999999% sure they will asked me now as the first thing based on all my bumper stickers.... I'm debating if I wanted to put the Star of David with "GUN OWNER" in the middle on my car. On one hand it was produced by Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership, but on the other hand, it is marking my car with a Star of David... at least it would be by choice and not forced upon me.

Reason #4 why I choose not to put anything other than an American flag decal on my car.

A number (if not all) of the people involved in the NH vote to ban firearms in the statehouse won't be back in office this coming session. Also note, that in *some* areas Libertarians run as democrats, because democrats are more likely to win.

Probably worthy enough of it's own thread. I'd like to see if the congressfolk that supported the statehouse prohibition will be back. Hopefully they're all routed in the election.

we need a pound sand smiley.

i have my non-res,

but i keep telling the guys we should go up yonder and open carry. so far, no takers. i really want to, but i'm afraid i'd get shot [laugh]

...."bravo mike with a gun, repeat, bravo mike with a gun"... j/k

Haha, I'm down. Could make for a fun adventure [smile]

but i keep telling the guys we should go up yonder and open carry. so far, no takers. i really want to, but i'm afraid i'd get shot [laugh]

Any time you want to open carry anywhere legal in NH...nights/weekends, give me a ring.

Back
Top Bottom