Etienne Mle 1890 MD

I'm thinking about throwing up because I keep remembering years ago when I knew crap about surplus guns and my father had one of these with a matching number bayonet and original sling. The whole rifle plus accessories was in at least VG to excelent condition.

He asked me if I was interested in owning it. I told him I had a guy at Four Seasons look at it and he told me it was junk because you couldn't get ammo for it so I said get rid of it if he knew someone that wanted it.
He wound up selling it to someone for cheap money.[crying]

One more reason for me to have a severe grudge against that white haired old dickhead at Four Seasons that gives advice on surplus guns.[angry]

I'm thinking about throwing up because I keep remembering years ago when I knew crap about surplus guns and my father had one of these with a matching number bayonet and original sling. The whole rifle plus accessories was in at least VG to excelent condition.

He asked me if I was interested in owning it. I told him I had a guy at Four Seasons look at it and he told me it was junk because you couldn't get ammo for it so I said get rid of it if he knew someone that wanted it.
He wound up selling it to someone for cheap money.[crying]

One more reason for me to have a severe grudge against that white haired old dickhead at Four Seasons that gives advice on surplus guns.[angry]

Well, I didn't mean to bring back bad memories - mainly trying to find out if I need to register it.

If it makes you feel any better, my folks once sold a 10 yr old '65 Mustang to the junkyard for $50. Had a 289, too. [crying]

Yep, Tom, thats the guy. Carl has had many complaints regarding him and I think he's dealt with it since then.

Sorry to rant and go OT from the original post, but I believe you're correct. If its an antique dated rifle, its not techincally a firearm. A check in the laws section should reveal this info somewhere.

Yep, Tom, thats the guy. Carl has had many complaints regarding him and I think he's dealt with it since then.

Sorry to rant and go OT from the original post, but I believe you're correct. If its an antique dated rifle, its not techincally a firearm. A check in the laws section should reveal this info somewhere.

You know, after reading through some of this stuff I am so glad I am not remotely addicted
to anything milsurp or I would be freakin' broke. This stuff is fascinating. As for old S&W's,
that is enough to keep one foot in the poorhouse as is!

You know, after reading through some of this stuff I am so glad I am not remotely addicted
to anything milsurp or I would be freakin' broke. This stuff is fascinating. As for old S&W's,
that is enough to keep one foot in the poorhouse as is!

Yeah but the beauty of collecting surplus stuff is finding that guy who has an old war gun and wants to get rid of it for next to nothing.
Many priceless milsurps have been acquired this way.[smile]

Yeah but the beauty of collecting surplus stuff is finding that guy who has an old war gun and wants to get rid of it for next to nothing.
Many priceless milsurps have been acquired this way.[smile]

It's rare, but it happens. My cousin bought an "old military-style rifle" (which turned out to be a K98) a few years back for $80 from a relative of an acquaintance. He told the guy outright that it was worth more than he was asking, but was told "I'm asking $80... take it or leave it". Well, he took it, and sold it a year later for nearly $1500.

I have a spot reserved in my safe for the day I stumble upon a deal like that [smile]

Back
Top Bottom