Engraved Handguns

I have been doing a lot of internet searching recently, looking for a Colt or Para semi-auto, and I have noticed a lot of engraved guns ( especially Colts ) for sale on the major auction sites.

I don't remember seeing this many engraved pistols in the past. Anyone else notice this ?

I have no interest in engraved guns, but just wondering why I am seeing so many.
capecodder

My bet would be that people are hard up for cash given the economy, and engraved stuff usually can get more money, especially if it's fancy, etc.

-Mike

My bet would be that people are hard up for cash given the economy, and engraved stuff usually can get more money, especially if it's fancy, etc.

-Mike

definitely.
And more times than not the engraved guns tend to have never been fired. Which helps them to retain value (or w/ colts, go up). And for a shooter, it's the one they never shoot anyways, so why not make it first to go..

definitely.
And more times than not the engraved guns tend to have never been fired. Which helps them to retain value (or w/ colts, go up). And for a shooter, it's the one they never shoot anyways, so why not make it first to go..

I agree.
When times are tough, and you have to cash in some of the hardware due to necessity, the "safe queens" are usually the first ones to go. I personally don't own any fancy engraved guns, but I do have a few extra pretty "special occasion" guns that only come out to play once in a blue moon. Thankfully, the hard economic times haven't hurt me much and I'm looking at this as a good time to buy something fancy. A Grade III Citori would be nice. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom