Enfield Sniper Ident help, please

I am leaving my current job in just over a week and one of my co-workers, knowing that I am a shooter asked me for
some information about "The old rifle I have in the attic". Storage legalities aside, which we are dealing with, it appears
that this is a true T-marked Enfield, with proper scope. The modified grip and target peep sights make me suspect
that this might be a sniper rifle converted to target use. Any ideas? Do you guys have any suggestions as to value? I once
had a #4 mk1*, but it was a shooter.

P1010114.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010116.jpg

Thanks,
F

Looks real to me. The stock has been tinkered with and that will reduce the value by a lot.
Great candidate for restoration if someone wants to make it look original. It will never have full value but should make a good shooter and would still be worth good money.

Usually, the value of any military firearm lies in its' condition and originality, and not necessarily in that order. Unfortunately, that rifle has been ruined as far as originality.

Looks like just the stock was boogered, if you/he replaces the stock it should still fetch 1000.00
The metal and scope all look good to me, even with a replacement stock set I think it could achive that price.

It IS original, do not be misled, read the article below and look for the telltale signs but you would not have a problem in the 4 figure range with that one. Good luck and congrats on the find!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom