• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

enfield no4 mk2 rear peep sight.

mac1911

NES Member
Anyone know of replacement rear peep aperture that is smaller than original? feel like im looking through a hula hoop

Take an inside caliper reading, go to the hardware store, and pick up a teeny o-ring that is just a CH smaller inside diameter.

Insert a small tapered pick through the font of the sight with the tapered end exposed at the rear. Place the o-ring on the pick, apply super glue to the back of the o-ring with a toothpick, then retract pick out of the sight. The o-ring will then be centered over the hole, and no permanent alterations are done. A little acetone will take it off when ever you need.

Not knowing which peep sight you are talking about and assuming your rifle has the original rear sight for a Mk. II as well as assuming that you might not be familiar with the rear sight on a Mk. II, can I state the obvious?

The Mk. II has two peep sights on it. The battle sight is large and it used when the adjustable sight is laying flat. However, if you flip the rear sight ladder up, there is the second peep sight which is much smaller. This is the sight that was used for much more precise targeting.

The two peep sights can be seen in this picture of an Enfield rear sight. If you already knew that and are talking about the smaller of the two rear peep sights then my apologies.

erearsight.jpg

Other than that, what Martin said.

Not knowing which peep sight you are talking about and assuming your rifle has the original rear sight for a Mk. II as well as assuming that you might not be familiar with the rear sight on a Mk. II, can I state the obvious?

The Mk. II has two peep sights on it. The battle sight is large and it used when the adjustable sight is laying flat. However, if you flip the rear sight ladder up, there is the second peep sight which is much smaller. This is the sight that was used for much more precise targeting.

The two peep sights can be seen in this picture of an Enfield rear sight. If you already knew that and are talking about the smaller of the two rear peep sights then my apologies.

View attachment 87219

Other than that, what Martin said.

Yes I have the dual flip set up. The "target" peep is still huge for my likings.
FRED that's a good idea with useing a o ring will give it a try. I also considered attaching a hooded peep from my AR just to try it.

Back
Top Bottom