Enfield 303 Value

NES friends I have a Brittish 303 that has been in my family for 50yrs. I want to sell it but I have no idea what its worth.?? It is stamped M/47c 1945, also No4-MK1 303 222 on the end of the barrel. It does fire & eject fine the only thing that was changed is the stock someone put a monti carlo stock on it a long time ago before I aquired it.
Thank you for your help.
Scott

It looks like someone changed the front sight post as well. As to value it will depend upon how the bore and rifling look. If they are in decent shape then I've seen similar setups in the $300-$500 range.

Yea the bore & rifling are in really good shape, I dont think it was fired too much & Since I have owned it 20yrs I always kept the barrel well lubed & clean Thank you very much for your help.

No problem. One more thing for you to look at as well. If you pull the bolt on the bolt face next to the firing pin hole there should be a number stamped into the bolt face. The numbers go from 0-4. Zero means it's a very tight lockup with the bolt to barrel, which equates to a more accurate rifle. If the number is a 4 then there is a very loose lockup and accuracy will suffer accordingly. So 0-2 is preferable. If there is no number then it's anyone's guess and does happen from time to time. They stopped marking the bolt face on the No. 4 Mk 2 rifles.

No problem. One more thing for you to look at as well. If you pull the bolt on the bolt face next to the firing pin hole there should be a number stamped into the bolt face. The numbers go from 0-4. Zero means it's a very tight lockup with the bolt to barrel, which equates to a more accurate rifle. If the number is a 4 then there is a very loose lockup and accuracy will suffer accordingly. So 0-2 is preferable. If there is no number then it's anyone's guess and does happen from time to time. They stopped marking the bolt face on the No. 4 Mk 2 rifles.
No marking on the front of the bolt..it does seem to be a very tight lockup though. Thnks again

Back
Top Bottom