• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Emergency" LTC?

That's odd, we did the filling out of that at the out of state store if I recall correctly. The guy was very familiar with selling to MA folks since he gets them all the time in the store.

This is bizarre. Most NH stores do not deal with FA-10s and the like, some
may tell you that you have to do it, most don't.

Every time I've bought a long gun in NH I only had to fill out the 4473 and show
my LTC, the FA-10 was my responsibility to do when I got back.

-Mike

This is bizarre. Most NH stores do not deal with FA-10s and the like, some
may tell you that you have to do it, most don't.

Every time I've bought a long gun in NH I only had to fill out the 4473 and show
my LTC, the FA-10 was my responsibility to do when I got back.

-Mike

Sorry I got confused and realized it was a Maine store. I don't know if that makes any difference though in the bizarreness of it.

Sorry I got confused and realized it was a Maine store. I don't know if that makes any difference though in the bizarreness of it.

Was it KTP? They would qualify as weird, WRT MA residents... likely because
of the high influx of tourists from MA.

-Mike

Was it KTP? They would qualify as weird, WRT MA residents... likely because
of the high influx of tourists from MA.

Yup they're the ones. Should I call them up and try to find a copy of the FA-10 or something? I presume they have some kind of records, at least in computer. I didn't know the form FA-10 by name back then (it was my second purchase and I had the LTC for a couple of months at that time) and I assumed the pile of forms he put before me would have included everything necessary. He was VERY aware that I was from MA. He never mentioned any extra steps that I'd need to do upon returning to MA. The purchase took well over an hour once I said I wanted it.

Yup they're the ones. Should I call them up and try to find a copy of the FA-10 or something? I presume they have some kind of records, at least in computer. I didn't know the form FA-10 by name back then (it was my second purchase and I had the LTC for a couple of months at that time) and I assumed the pile of forms he put before me would have included everything necessary. He was VERY aware that I was from MA. He never mentioned any extra steps that I'd need to do upon returning to MA. The purchase took well over an hour once I said I wanted it.

No need to contact them. I am guessing that they just mailed in the
FA-10 for you. You should have been given a copy of it, at least, and if
it's filed, it's filed. I just said it was bizarre because most NH/ME/VT etc
dealers don't do this, and most don't even tell you about it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom