Efa-10. What happens when you try your fifth of the year?

Wait, you don't keep track of the firearms that enter and leave your possession?

Even if the state didn't require the FA-10s, having proof that you sold a firearm in the rare instance it's used in a crime after leaving your possession, is worth it.

I don't track the vehicles I've sold, just in case someone uses one as a getaway car in a bank job.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

What's annoying about this is that they have an electronic system in place that verifies the information of the parties, and they obviously have the data on how many personal transfers each person has done, yet they don't bother taking the next step to set the software up to prevent people from accidentally submitting a fifth eFA-10 in a given year.

What's annoying about this is that they have an electronic system in place that verifies the information of the parties, and they obviously have the data on how many personal transfers each person has done, yet they don't bother taking the next step to set the software up to prevent people from accidentally submitting a fifth eFA-10 in a given year.

The system is not about identifying and preventing unlawful transfers.

Its purpose is to enable persecution when the AG decides to make an example of someone.

Last year when I used my fourth EFA10 the ATF was in a van in the parking lot looking at me with binoculars to make sure I was only selling one gun and not two[laugh]

But seriously, while you could probably get away with a fifth FA10, is it really worth the risk, however remote it is? Maybe I'm paranoid (living in MA will do that), but if it was ME I'd find somewhere to do a transfer for $25 or something.

Last year when I used my fourth EFA10 the ATF was in a van in the parking lot looking at me with binoculars to make sure I was only selling one gun and not two[laugh]

But seriously, while you could probably get away with a fifth FA10, is it really worth the risk, however remote it is? Maybe I'm paranoid (living in MA will do that), but if it was ME I'd find somewhere to do a transfer for $25 or something.

Imdont think anyone would disagree with that. I think most that go over do so by accident.

Imdont think anyone would disagree with that. I think most that go over do so by accident.

I spent about a half hour this morning in a panic after reading this thread and wondering whether or not a particular sale was in 2012 or 2013.

The 4 FA-10's per year is bullshit because there is no stipulation in the laws that let a person do a person to person transfer of a non MA compliant handgun through an FFL Dealer. I see a firearm collection as an investment and money in the bank or that cash for a rainy day when needed. It's crap that your limited to 4 transactions. Bonehead Patrick wants a "one per month limit" so they should bump the FA10's up to 12 as well :)

Last edited:
The 4 FA-10's per year is bullshit because there is no stipulation in the laws that let a person do a person to person transfer of a non MA compliant handgun through an FFL Dealer. I see a firearm collection as an investment and money in the bank or that cash for a rainy day when needed. It's crap that your limited to 4 transactions. Bonehead Patrick wants a "one per month limit" so they should bump the FA10's up to 12 as well :)
I just spent over half hour on the mass firearm laws website. I couldn't personally find anything in any law or statute about a limit of 4. I gave up, this mysterious policy possibly does exist, I can't locate it anywhere.
Also... I enjoyed reading some of the crazy laws on the website.
I read some law where you are not allowed to loan money as collateral for a firearm and vice versa. They use the word mortgage , in exchange for a firearm.

Which I interpret, you can't buy a gun with financing, like they do cell phones.

I just spent over half hour on the mass firearm laws website. I couldn't personally find anything in any law or statute about a limit of 4. I gave up, this mysterious policy possibly does exist, I can't locate it anywhere.
I read some law where you are not allowed to loan money as collateral for a firearm and vice versa. They use the word mortgage , in exchange for a firearm.

Which I interpret, you can't buy a gun with financing, like they do cell phones.

Section 128A​

The provisions of section one hundred and twenty-eight shall not apply to any resident of the commonwealth who, without being licensed as provided in section one hundred and twenty-two, sells or transfers to other than a federally licensed firearms dealer or organization named above not more than four firearms, including rifles and shotguns in any one calendar year.

MGL Chapter 140 Section 128A

I think that applies to pawn shops, which is why you never see a firearm for sale at a pawn....

A shame, too. It was another state and another century, but I used to pick up a lot of revolvers at pawn shops, including the Colt Frontier I bought for my youngster.
My first bb gun came from Fast Cash Tilton NH. I was 10 years old , we convinced our grandma to buy it for us. We would shoot matchbox cars and bottles for hours after school

A shame, too. It was another state and another century, but I used to pick up a lot of revolvers at pawn shops, including the Colt Frontier I bought for my youngster.
In the mid-1960s, a co-worker bought a shotgun at a pawn shop in Central Square, Cambridge and carried it back to work at MIT/IL, leaving it with the security guard until he was heading home at the end of the day.

In the mid-1960s, a co-worker bought a shotgun at a pawn shop in Central Square, Cambridge and carried it back to work at MIT/IL, leaving it with the security guard until he was heading home at the end of the day.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Crazy to think that could happen in Cambridge

What happens....a helicopter hovers over your house and drops in female special forces and kicks in your door to take you away:

822e174a6e742ac7fd41e32f617b4204-2440225479.jpg

Last edited:
Been buying and selling more than a few firearms in the last year. I really can't recall if I've hit my personal transfer limit of 4/year. ( Is that calendar year of 365 days?) Looking to transfer another to a friend next week. Will the state system tell /deny me if I'm already at 4? Is there a easy way to find out?
Thanks
Dave
Would a $25 dealer transfer fee be worth eliminating the potential risk?

Would a $25 dealer transfer fee be worth eliminating the potential risk?
This.......not that Im pantshitting....but realitistically it covers whatever ATF or state bullshit that gets puked up.

My guess in the next fxck u gun bill they will eliminate private sales anyway altogether in MA.

Back
Top Bottom