• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Echo3 Worth it?

Jacks07

NES Member
So I’ve been trying to put a budget together for a decent NV setup. In truth knowing nothing about them yet, as the one thing I do you is you need money first😅. Along my searches I’ve found I have access to employee pricing from sig. What’s the input from the more knowledgeable about the Sig Echo3? Worth it as an entry level rig for $2066 or better off saving some more for helmet mount nv? Would like to get into some night hunts and of course some evening ratting around the coop.

So I’ve been trying to put a budget together for a decent NV setup. In truth knowing nothing about them yet, as the one thing I do you is you need money first😅. Along my searches I’ve found I have access to employee pricing from sig. What’s the input from the more knowledgeable about the Sig Echo3? Worth it as an entry level rig for $2066 or better off saving some more for helmet mount nv? Would like to get into some night hunts and of course some evening ratting around the coop.
Save up buy a helmet mount setup. look into pvs-14 something gen 3 start there. looking to set yourself back around 3k-5k depending on where you can get the unit from and what sort of a helmet you get. I've been looking into nocturn industries "katanas" myself. being a dual setup looking at around i think somewhere in the balpark of 6-7k ive seen some rnvg non articulating setups for around 5-6k too. youtube is your friend here for information.

Save up buy a helmet mount setup. look into pvs-14 something gen 3 start there. looking to set yourself back around 3k-5k depending on where you can get the unit from and what sort of a helmet you get. I've been looking into nocturn industries "katanas" myself. being a dual setup looking at around i think somewhere in the balpark of 6-7k ive seen some rnvg non articulating setups for around 5-6k too. youtube is your friend here for information.

Definitely good advice. PVS14, get a good helmet, wilcox mount, and some headset, Otto, peltor, MSA. You can aim passivly with some sights. I run an Eotech on a riser, but you'll also want to consider a IR laser for aiming.

Most importantly is to use it, even not shooting and just walking around the woods at night. As far as bino's, agreed, the Katranas look like a great deal for the what you get. Also the BNVD 1431's are in my list, along with RNVG. soon.

Back
Top Bottom