Easter egg & bunny shoot.

The Goose

NES Member
My wife, Donna, and I hooked up with Pilgrim and his wife Cathy for a traditional Easter egg shoot at Middleboro Sportsman Club today. It was Cathy's first time shooting a rifle and Donna's second time. They put Dennis and I to shame. They were both popping eggs out at 50 yards. Dennis' M1 carbine is incredible. What a tack driver. It was really a fun day with some great folks.

EggShoot001.jpg

EggShoot002.jpg

EggShoot003.jpg

EggShoot004.jpg

EggShoot005.jpg

EggShoot010.jpg

EggShoot009.jpg

EggShoot015.jpg

EggShoot018.jpg

EggShoot021.jpg

EggShoot023.jpg

EggShoot025.jpg

EggShoot026.jpg

EggShoot027.jpg

EggShoot028.jpg

EggShoot029.jpg

EggShoot034.jpg

Last edited:
Putting the eggs at 100m separates the men from the boys... errr... or the boys from the really little boys and girls I guess...

Many thanks to Steve and Donna for coming up with the idea and inviting us along. As you can see they broughta buncha stuff with them to shoot at. I only supplied some orange clay pigeons. Those colored eggs showed up pretty good even at 50 yards. Mrs Pilgrim really surprised me. I let her shoot my Winchester carbine and she loved it, and was pretty good with it too!

I'm a long way from being a good marksman but that little carbine surprises me every time I use it, it surprised the Goose too ! My wife liked it so much I think I need to ge one from CMP just for her!

We told our kids that we were going hunting for Easter Eggs and we did! I'm not sure which are more evil, the eggs or the pumpkins.

Steve and Donna are great fun folks and we look forward to quite a few more outings with them. Donna (Mrs Goose) asked when we could get together again and suggested Mother's Day. Since we shot Easter eggs on Easter, what could we shoot on Mother's Day. Steve had an answer she didn't like !

It was a great way to spend Easter..........Unconventional but great !

Saturday's class really opened up Kath's attitude towards guns. I brought the carbine, a .22 revolver, a .38 revolver and two 1911's today. She wanted to shoot them all, and did a lot of it. When she got to the .22 she fired it and called it a pop gun ! She fired one or two of the Gooses' stuff too, including Donna's superlight SW637, which she said was a handful !

She and I went thru almost 750 rounds in a couple of hours and she was ready for more.

Lynne, you created a monster !

ps, tonight I told her about me having a C&R and how it would save me money, and her response was, "oh good !"

Thanks Steve and Donna !

Back
Top Bottom