Dwarven1, Doobie, LenS and other Jews should have told me!!

The big question on this is...would the manufacturers roll over and play good doggie or stand up and say, if we can't sell/manufacture to citizens, then we won't sell/manufacture to police or military. aka close willingly or be forced out at the end of a gun.

Remember the trigger locks?; They'd roll over like obedient puppies.

Also to be considered is that while its great that they support the American right of keeping and bearing arms; but not many would turn their backs on a segment that pretty much guarantees the sale of their products. Its a higher level of Fudd thinking, they really dont need the civilian market to survive.

The big question on this is...would the manufacturers roll over and play good doggie or stand up and say, if we can't sell/manufacture to citizens, then we won't sell/manufacture to police or military. aka close willingly or be forced out at the end of a gun.

Depends on the manufacturer.

Barrett? He'll tell them to go screw themselves.

Colt? They'll roll over and show their belly.

These opinions are actually based on previous company behavior, so they're more than just speculation.

I'll make a general comment on this thread, and that's if you're wondering what some other good books to read would be, seriously consider Unintended Consequences, by John Ross. It's a mix of fact and fiction, or better stated, a fictional story, wrapped arounf a wealth of facts. The only fiction in it is enough to make a theoretical story flow, about Henry Bowman and his life.

In it is some good comments on Ruby Ridge and Waco, and if you do a little looking, you'll find enough to corroborate the stories.

They didn't stand up last time and with the run on lowers and AWB stuff this go around, it is likely most people have what they want and will roll over on this one too.

Last edited:
Unintended Consequences also has an interesting chapter or two about the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. As far as I've been able to corroborate it's accurate.

If a publicly held corporation's CEO tried to do this his board of directors would fire his ass in about five seconds.

I can't recall ever seeing large publicly held corporations acting out of principal when it really cost them anything to do so.

Profits uber alles.

I got my JPFO membership pack yesterday. I was and still am astonished at the volume of information they sent. At first blush some of the pamphlets look comical and silly, but they cut deep into the heart of the issues and ring home.

My parents fled from the Russians and Germans (in that order) in WWII. They were not Jewish, just humans wanting to get the hell out. They braved the Atlantic, endured countless hardships, and finally settling in the New World, made for themselves a happy family and a successful business.

My parents are both alive and by god no one is going to take their or my livelihood away without a fight. Too bad people in general all too easily forget what the world has endured in its fight for 'freedom.' Freedoms we take for granted. Freedoms we are doomed to lose and wish we had back unless we change our path and steer clear of the known pitfalls of civilization and government. The people who lived through that dark time in human events and remember it as clear as if it happened yesterday tend to be more level headed than anyone I've ever know. They literally have a 'do or die' attitude because that's how it was. Today's generation is clueless.

A little off topic, but this thread brought back a whole host of memories and a flood of editorial notions.

Gun manufacturers will stand up for for private gun owners with at least the same backbone as the stocoking gun dealers did when Clinton-Reno eliminated two-thirds of the 01 FFL's in the late 90s.

I just finished reading my copy. Wow. Yeah I liked it. I think I'll be lending it to dwarven1 tomorrow night if he wants to borrow it.

Back
Top Bottom