Duplicate license question.

I have a legal question in reference to a duplicate license.

My wife washed my license and it is pretty much destroyed. It got stuck to the backing in the wallet and ripped when I tried to take it out, leaving some of the cardboard backing in the permit. My photo is also falling off.

My question is can they add restriction to an already authorized permit. The reason I ask is that I got my permit in a county that issues unrestricted permits fairly easily, due to the judges interpretation of the law and the 2nd amendment. I then moved due to military and transferred my permit to my new county. The new county, according to my research, was prohibited from adding restriction to my permit due to the fact it was a transfer and the judge was not required to sign it as it was already signed by the original judge. I don't they could legally change it anyways.

But now with needing a new "duplicate" permit, the county judge for the county that I now reside will need to sign it. THIS judge does not have such a traditional view of the law and rarely issues an unrestricted permit. I am fearful that now restrictions will be added. I originally got the unrestricted permit based on my military training and a one on one interview with the original issuing judge. I am wondering if I should bother getting a new license, and just live with the one that is in disrepair. I don't won't to lose my ability to exercise my 2nd amendment rights in trade for a permit that is not all messed up.

I could find no law that states whether or not a judge can add restriction during the "duplicate license" process. Thank for any insight.

There IS no law, it is an arbitrary decision left up to the local licensing issue authority. The new judge can do whatever he pleases with no recourse.
I would not give them the chance to add restrictions, as they surely will.

Back
Top Bottom