• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Draco Barrel length Lie

In an attempt to get infront of the pistol brace issue upcoming. I checked multiple sources on Draco barrel length. Not the micro. The standard version. Supposed to be 12.5. So, I found a nice comp to put on the barrel and it would make it legal if things went south. Well, It arrived and I installed it to check it out. Then, I measured it. An inch short.... It is a 4 inch comp... If my math is correct. 12.5 plus 4. Is over 16 inches... It is actually 11.5. I am a bit ticked off. I am sure I am not the only one thinking about this as an option. So, laziness on my part by not actually checking the gun. Cost me. Not a happy camper today...

Very true. But, like a good American. I am on at least 3 lists. Things go down. I will get a knock at the door regardless.

In an attempt to get infront of the pistol brace issue upcoming. I checked multiple sources on Draco barrel length. Not the micro. The standard version. Supposed to be 12.5. So, I found a nice comp to put on the barrel and it would make it legal if things went south. Well, It arrived and I installed it to check it out. Then, I measured it. An inch short.... It is a 4 inch comp... If my math is correct. 12.5 plus 4. Is over 16 inches... It is actually 11.5. I am a bit ticked off. I am sure I am not the only one thinking about this as an option. So, laziness on my part by not actually checking the gun. Cost me. Not a happy camper today...
Wait...I'm having trouble with the timeline. You had the Draco already, and you didn't just drop a cleaning rod down the bore to check the barrel length? You didn't discover the actual barrel length until the comp arrived?

Yea, I had looked it up instead of actually measuring it. Put the comp on and my calibrated eye saw a problem. Up until the ATF mind change. I had no reason to worry about the length. Shoot it and have fun.

Now I know how my dates felt at the end of the night

Back
Top Bottom