• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dorchester shooting - this is interesting

i have always hated this state and i have always hated the Piece of shit city we call Boston!!!. real good people they are to restrict someones right to self defense.

You are kidding me with this ridiculous ode to Boston right? I went through that system twice. Please stop acting like Boston is reasonable because it's not.

1. They treat you like scum at the desk at Boston PD headquarters. You are presumed to be a criminal by them and that's how you are treated.

2. They require a birth certificate, letter from a gun club, utility bill, driver's license, range test at Moon Island (with THEIR gun not yours), etc.

3. They do not process renewals automatically even if ALL of your information is exactly the same. They make you file ALL the paperwork all over again right from the beginning.

Menino and his administration are corrupt to the core and they have only succeeded in driving out many creative, productive individuals while keeping the parasites firmly on the city payroll.

Boston is a shithole of a city and I would not recommend anybody move there. If you must go there then commute and live someplace else but it's best to avoid that city altogether. I make it a point to never spend a dime if I do have to go there.

I'm glad I got the hell out of there. It was one of the best things I ever did and I encourage anybody else who values liberty that's currently living in that city to get out. It long ago ceased to be a good place for intelligent, decent people.

I would hardly characterize my comments as an 'ode'. And I'm sorry if I disappoint by not engaging in the obligatory Boston bashing that seems to be such a mainstay around here. You've missed several key points. There are obvious realities one deals with when living in ANY urban city of this size. There's nowhere to shoot, people don't know squat about guns, they don't care and they're not into them. That translates into near zero influence. We do what we can with what we've got and some of us are actually trying to hold some ground by being visible and working to increase the number of gun owners in Boston.

For the record, the BPD has always been pretty good with me. I even managed to skip shooting at the range last renewal. Do they make it easy? No. Do they use the discretion the law allows them? yes, and then some. Are there a lot of boxes to check off? Yes, but you know what they are and they don't change from day to day. Still, judging by what I read on NES it is still less painful than getting your LTC in many other towns including Brookline, Watertown, & Worchester. I'll take Boston over all of those towns any day.

Fortunately there are still those of us who choose to stay here (or have to stay in my case) and are willing to continue moving our agenda forward or at least try to hold the line when it would be easier to concede defeat and run away. Sure, it's far easier to move and just lob turds at us from out of state, but that accomplishes nothing except to make it more difficult for the gun owners that are still here. You'll just have to give ground and retreat again as the Moonbats continue to make their way north.

And I'm curious if the shot to the hip was a mistake or careful aim. Maybe he was trying to hit a more manly area and the perp turned.

Hopefully he was trying to stop the threat and was aiming center of mass and just missed. Otherwise an intentional shot to the hip could be construed as mayhem (intentional serious bodily harm or attempt to maim/disfigure - MGL C265 S14).

Thats why the police (and you should too) aim to stop not kill or wound. One is justified and the other 2 are mayhem or attempted murder.

Last edited:
Wow has this post digressed from it's original intent. I have tried to refrain from jumping into the fray. Folks have their opinions and they have a right to do so. And to express them on this forum. However, from life experience, I know that it is usually pointless to try to get some folks to see the 'other side' of things once they have made up their minds that they are right. Waste of breath, finger power. So I try to pick my battles carefully. I know I can't change the world. But......

Boston has it's problems. That includes Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan, Brighton, J.P., etc., etc., as they are all Boston. And one of those problems most definately is the gun control/laws issue. Not only for the legal owners, but for the inablity of them to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. And confusing the laws as to how to do that. But that is only one of many. Massachusetts has its problems too. Too numerous and varied to list. For reasons too varied and numerous to list. But a big reason these issues have been allowed to exist is complacency on the part of the people. They've accepted the mind set that 'nothing can/will change'. We put these 'idiots' in office and allow them to remain there. They don't listen, but what do we do to make them listen? They are one - we are thousands and thousands. They are 'elected' officials. If I recall from my history classes many, many years ago, people coming together and fighting for what they believed in is what created this great country that we live in.

I like where I live. I don't want to leave. This is my home. So, I try to work to change those issues that are important to me. I fight. If we all just got up and left, then they definately win. And then I'm a defeatist. I spread the word through my classes and the Second Amendment Sisters, which I am the Boston Area Coordinator of. I bring women into the shooting sports. In particular, inner-city women. I hold shooting events and invite the press. Believe it or not, I've gotten positive coverage from the Boston Globe and also Channel 4 did a positive piece on my practice sessions. Margery Eagan has come to the club and also did a positive story in the Herald. (I can't find it - any google experts out there?)One by one by one. I think that I am making a difference.

http://wbztv.com/video/[email protected]

http://bostongunclub.net/working fi...ch 13 05/Globe artical page 1 march 13 05.htm

http://bostongunclub.net/working fi...cal march 13 05/Globe artical Responses 1.htm

The feedback from my students concerning the BPD is varied. However, no one has been denied a license that they didn't have a legitimate reason for doing so. Yes, the paperwork is a pain, but it's worse in other places, better in some. Brookline requires a letter from your doctor. References. And your experience with the BPD depends greatly on who is at the desk when you go to apply. They want control, but in the end, they have to abide by the laws. I have never had a bad experience. Not good, but not bad. I've gotten my license on time each renewal. The last day, but on time. But, how else do we keep guns out of the hands of those that shouldn't have them if we don't have some kind of procedure to follow? I welcome the scrutiny. I have nothing to hide so I know I will prevail. If they were more diligent in handing out drivers licenses, I wouldn't worry so much about getting taken out by a drunk driver.

I agree, some folks get tired of fighting. That's fine. I don't fault them. Me, the fight energizes me. So here I stay. Fighting for my home.

Donna

Last edited:
Well said, Donna. Had I known a few years ago, what I know now about licensing in Boston, I would have slipped a politician a grand to stuff in their underwear.
That would have saved me at least $6,000. [smile]
Like you, I am in the city. I am fighting against the bureaucracy for what is rightfully mine to have. The battle is long and costly.
Best regards.

Well said, Donna. Had I known a few years ago, what I know now about licensing in Boston, I would have slipped a politician a grand to stuff in their underwear.
That would have saved me at least $6,000. [smile]
Like you, I am in the city. I am fighting against the bureaucracy for what is rightfully mine to have. The battle is long and costly.
Best regards.

Thanks Riverside - I wonder how many here know of the one person battle you are waging against the city for their idiotic 'no concealed carry' addendum to licenses. But once again, the criminals are exempt from that restriction[thinking]. Maybe with more support - your battle wouldn't be so long and costly. And maybe we'd win. It does happen. Stand up and fight - power in numbers, make them take notice, and so on and so on. If not - the next restriction may be 'to be used only between the hours of 1pm and 2pm'. Or something equally outrageous.

BTW - I think $500 might have worked. [rofl]

Donna

Thanks Riverside - I wonder how many here know of the one person battle you are waging against the city for their idiotic 'no concealed carry' addendum to licenses. But once again, the criminals are exempt from that restriction[thinking]. Maybe with more support - your battle wouldn't be so long and costly. And maybe we'd win. It does happen. Stand up and fight - power in numbers, make them take notice, and so on and so on. If not - the next restriction may be 'to be used only between the hours of 1pm and 2pm'. Or something equally outrageous.

Donna

I am sure all of us would be interested in hearing how a fellow citizen is taking on Boston. Many times, for prudence reasons dictated by legal counsel, we don't hear anything about these fights.

Donna
Prior to today, only one person in this forum knew of my one person battle. [wink]
Any further discussion on Boston Licensing really belongs in the Gun Laws section even though it is connected to your original post. The LTC-A person who shot the out of control bad guy on a killing spree probably wants to remain anonymous. How often have you heard stories about someone seeking the limelight or their 15 minutes of fame, got it and then went down in "proverbial flames" a short time later? The LTC-A person who got involved has probably had to consult with a lawyer just in case the Boston Licensing Official wants to chat. I'm sure the regular investigative unit have already questioned the good citizen. In addition, I wouldn't rule out a lawsuit by the bad guy who was shot in the hip. The bad guy has got nothing to lose by trying. [frown]
Best regards.

I'm not sure why you say you are staying and giving it the good fight... you are complying with everything they come up with to get the license. AKA bending over. You get the license but you already gave in to their rules on your (supposedly) Constitutional rights. The only route for change is to challenge the laws/regs in court and win. Gun owners (lawful) are a minority in MA and are certainly insignificant when it comes to Boston.

Prior to today, only one person in this forum knew of my one person battle. [wink]
Any further discussion on Boston Licensing really belongs in the Gun Laws section even though it is connected to your original post. The LTC-A person who shot the out of control bad guy on a killing spree probably wants to remain anonymous. How often have you heard stories about someone seeking the limelight or their 15 minutes of fame, got it and then went down in "proverbial flames" a short time later? The LTC-A person who got involved has probably had to consult with a lawyer just in case the Boston Licensing Official wants to chat. I'm sure the regular investigative unit have already questioned the good citizen. In addition, I wouldn't rule out a lawsuit by the bad guy who was shot in the hip. The bad guy has got nothing to lose by trying. [frown]
Best regards.

Since I see no post by you on that in the Mass Gun Law section I will assume you want/need that to be the final word on what you are undertaking. Good luck in your endeavor and it will not go unappreciated even if it goes unnoticed.

Best regards.

Riverside - sorry - I didn't think I outed you since you mentioned it. I will admit to bringing attention to it though [hmmm]

If you did choose to discuss your battle on the gun law section, I most definately would remain as anonymous as possible. We should all realize that this board is most likely monitored on a regular basis by the 'powers that be'.
I am sure that I am on someone's 'list' somewhere. My identity is probably well know simply because I want it to be, because of the work I do bringing inner city women into the shooting sports and because of my affiliation with the Second Amendment Sisters. I've been in the papers and on t.v. I'm fine with that. But others, with battles with the city/state going on, are wise to be cautious.

I wonder though, do you think someone wanting to remain anonymous, in respect to the licensed person who shot the bad guy, espcially in something shooting related - would be respected by the media? I still find the whole thing curious. And sad to say, yes, he will probably be sued by the bad guy.

Donna

I'm OK with what's been said. I have on several occasions posted general comments about Boston's NO CONCEAL CARRY restriction. I'm not seeking publicity, simply justice.
You can be sure you're on quite a few lists. I can just see the anti-gun folks squirm when they see folks, especially women advocating for the rights of gun owners. I'm sure you've experienced it and know exactly what I mean. You're on my list! [wink]
As far as the LTC-A shooter: I doubt the BPD would release the identity to the media. Unless someone within the department has an agenda against the good guy shooter, I think the identity will remain protected. This is, however, the same BPD that released illegally, the autopsy results of two deceased firemen. I suspect that release was authorized by the mayor. It is a curious situation and I have more respect for the LTC person for walking away from the temptation to tell "his story." Given the nature of the violence, and the unending revenge killings, the LTC shooter is better off out of the lime light and fully armed at all times.
Best Regards.

Come to New Hampshire. Your liberty is waiting for you when you're ready to claim it. Come to New Hampshire. All of you out there who are tired of being beaten down and spit on by that corrupt hellhole of a government down there.

Join the Free State Project or just come up yourself. There are many like you here already who are waiting for you to get here. [grin]

Jim, I'm a Free-Stater. I actually hope to make the next PorcFest!

I'll be there hopefully in 2010, but definitely before the end of 2011.

Yes, this thread has digressed. And it only underscores the need for something like a new NES Social Group just for Boston NES'rs.

What do you say kimmie191 & Riverside, you game?

Knuckles - your suggestion is certainly appealing but then that creates an 'us' vs. 'them' mentality, don't you think? And aren't we supposed to all be on the same side and in this together? I have to say that I was somewhat taken aback by being made to feel that I was a part of the problem, not part of the solution to the problem, for choosing to remain in my home and fight the good fight. And my fight isn't just about Massachusetts, it's about the country as a whole. We're not the only state living this nightmare. And even more will join us if we don't make our voices heard as one. Where's the support for what we're trying to accomplish here? Instead I hear, Run Forrest, Run.

But I ain't mad. Just makes me want to dig in my heels and fight harder. It may not be Camelot, but it's my home.

Donna

I find it very curious that this is buried in this article. Why isn't this man being touted as a hero for perhaps having stopped more deaths/injuries from happening? If he was doing something wrong, I think it would be on the front page under 'gun play causes death of 19 year old mother' or something along those lines.

Thoughts??????

The reason that there was no release of his name is because he was not charged with a crime.

He is a witness.

As a general rule law enforcement does not release the names of witnesses especially so in this day and age in Boston.

Boston PD has a hard enough time getting people to come forward with information as it is. How do you think they would do if they started publicly naming those who provided information.

Yes....this person/hero stepped up and involved him/herself and the circumstances are slightly different but the general principle is the same.

If I were involved in this investiagtion I would not have released much information on it either.

To bring unnecessary attention to someone who is helping you is not a way to win over friends.

Just my .02.

The reason that there was no release of his name is because he was not charged with a crime.

Half Cocked - I totally understand and agree with that. If I were a witness to a crime, I wouldn't want my name plastered all over the paper either. But the point is the fact that a legally armed citizen, who helped prevent possibly more death and injury, was downplayed and buried. This is a pro gun story. We didn't need his name. People are not named in all kinds of incidents for a variety of reasons, but if the media deems it a news worthy story, it gets coverage. We are inundated, day after day, with story after story of shootings by those illegally posessing firearms. Why no story about when it's done legally and resulted in lives saved?

Donna

Half Cocked - I totally understand and agree with that. If I were a witness to a crime, I wouldn't want my name plastered all over the paper either. But the point is the fact that a legally armed citizen, who helped prevent possibly more death and injury, was downplayed and buried. This is a pro gun story. We didn't need his name. People are not named in all kinds of incidents for a variety of reasons, but if the media deems it a news worthy story, it gets coverage. We are inundated, day after day, with story after story of shootings by those illegally posessing firearms. Why no story about when it's done legally and resulted in lives saved?

Donna

I see where you are coming from and I agree.

I just wanted people to know the position of the police on the matter. Their concern is for the individual.

The media on the other hand could have made more of it if they so chose.

Back
Top Bottom