Does New Hampshire really contact your employer re: the CCW application?

JT1

I was about to fill out and submit my NH non-resident permit application, when the part about providing employer contact details and waiving any objection to the state querying my employer regarding my suitability for CCW gave me pause.

Do employers routinely get contacted? I notice from postings here that not all personal references get contacted and, even when they do, it seems to be a perfunctory postcard or something.

My issue is this: I have no desire to let anyone at work know that I own firearms. My firm has an anti-weapon policy and I can't help but think that any contact by the state regarding CCW will somehow end up in my personnel file. This is information I just don't want to share.

In any case, the fact that I may want to legally conceal carry while hiking or hunting or hanging out in New Hampshire should be of no concern to an employer in a completely different (and less firearm friendly) state. And, anyway, why does the state need to know that I work?

I don't recall that in the app a few years ago. I do know that they never called me to ask about me however. [smile]

The advantage of working for yourself . . .

They are so far behind, it is not likely. I also work for myself but I have a corp, etc and just put down the corp like it is any ol' employer (technically it is) and they never contacted me.

Back
Top Bottom